+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Carers allowance is only a measly $120 per fortnight anyway. Sickness benefit will be hard to obtain also as you have money coming at a later date. It's extremely hard, one of my sons has had similar operations and needs ongoing care for the rest of his life. Salvation army will help with food vouchers as such. Some places also do interest free loans that may help with rent or car payments. I'm in Vic and dhs run a scheme to help with rent also. Wishing you a speedy and safe recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the advice guys.
    My mum bought me a wheelchair today at Aldi.. Its actually pretty good.
    It will do the job.

I went to Centrelink today and because of the money we have already learnt this financial year we can not get anything from them..

Her advice to us is to use a credit card and wait for our tax returns cause she said we will get $700 per child then.. Uh gee thanks for your help.. I even rang when I got home and got told the same information..

I rang the bank to minimize the payments on our personal loan for a short while.. They said they will let us pay half payments for three months but when I start working again we need to get out of the arrers within 3 months..

So I hope I DONT need the other surgery.

ON another note my head has been KILLING me tday.. Im back into like 8.5/10 pain.. Its prob because the pain meds cost so much so im trying to only have them when I need them instead of every 4 and 12 hours as they stated,,

But yeah so not really gotton anywhere.. I have unpaid leave now from work they are not going to get rid of me or anything..
    And we got nowhere with Centrelink..

I guess we are just gonna have to find a way to live on Credit cards..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They couldn't do an advance payment for FTB?

I don't think it's much but it looks like there is a carbon tax supplement coming through FTB in May or June. http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...-energy-future

With the pain meds, if you are holding off taking them you probably would feel worse because they take time to start working again. I reccomend looking at priceline pharmacy the next time you need them as I found them heaps cheaper for my normal prescriptions. They might not be able to do everything cheaper but it's worth a try or someone could even ask how much they charge for you. I was in there just getting something else once and decided to ask how much it would cost me. I didn't have my prescriptions with me. They are all 20 something dollars each. One is only $6, another $7 and another $13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Push the bank as they can actually put the whole loan on hold for 3 months under their hardship provisions and hold the interest. Banks and finance companies won't offer this upfront they have to be pushed but it is part of consumer legislation.

You can also contact your telephone/internet provider, electricity/water/gas companies to do the same thing and put the bills on hold or have a minimum payment for the duration that you are off work.

Landlords are not under any obligation to reduce rental payments but you could always talk to them or your real estate agent about reducing the rent for a short while.

I do not know anything about your surgery but I can imagine that it is all pretty overwhelming as it has come out of the blue. I am not sure what support services the hospital offers but it wouldn't hurt to take advantage of anything they offer - be it physical or emotional support.