+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Positive Family Daycare Thread!

I just wanted to post a positive experiencd for all those parents who are struggling with the notion of putting their kids into day care.

We have no family here and so DD has never spent any time away from me, not even a few hours.... I had an awful daycare experience when she was 13 months old and decided never again... However i found a FDC that i felt ok about trying her in. At the time of deciding to put her in i had just had a newborn, he is now 6 mo.

So in Feb she started 1 day a week, she cried and i cried, the next week she cried a little less and the week after that she started going two days and hardly cried at all. 8 weeks on she claps her hands when i pull up at FDC house, she runs in and give the carer a big hug and waves me away, blowing kisses and laughing! ( this upset me too - @ 19 mo she doesnt need me like she used to!) she is so excited and when i collect her in the evening she is beaming, gives carer lots of cuddles and kisses leaving!

So my point of this thread is if my DD can do it anyone can! All the awful feelings i battled with about putting her in day care have been buried. She is learning so much, the interaction with other kids has worked wonders for her development, by being disciplined by her carer she listens to me more. FDC rocks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crunchie For This Useful Post:

MarkandSandy  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD went to family day care from when she was 9 months until she started school this year!! We had a fabulous carer who was like a surrogate grandmother to her! She retired when DD started school, so we had to find another FDC mum for my DS whois 1.... Well we hit the jackpot again and found another fabulous carer! She loves the kids with all of her heart, does interesting things with them, takes them places, educates, loves..... Oh she is wonderful and my little man is so happy!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband, son and I ADORE our family day care mum - she is perfect for our family.

I know it's not for everyone but we are so happy - I tried the day care centre for a trial (he was never left there by himself - he was always there) and the experience left me cold.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so happy to hear positive stories about FDC. I'm a FDC Educator and it's not easy hearing some of the stories going around about other educators (if you could call them that) not doing the right thing. Parents are entrusting you with their babies to help them develop and to me that is a privilege. The only reason I do this job is the satisfaction at the end of each day knowing I have helped these littlies on their life's learning journey. :-) thanks again op for recognising your FDC educator.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We love our daycare mum also!! She is jst like a second mum really. DS calls her marmar and her husband pop. They love all the kids they care for as if they were their own grandkids.
    I have had a bad day care experience previously also do am so happy we found sherry.

Oh and DS's 2nd cousins go there also so he's around family too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

can anyone help me answer all my questions please, I am 21 yrs old i have lots of experience looking after babies and i have 3 years work exp in Long day care centre, but i would like to Start my own FDC, im here in NSW.

if i'm not mistaken i'm allowed 7 children in my care right?
    how much can i charge each child?in the case of parent have to provide the nappy, wipes and their own food.

and how much can i charge each the case of i will provide nappy,wipes,and food?

and also i dont drive so can i set my own policy like i dont drop off the children?

since im single no children my own,
    i can work fulltime monday to friday from 7am to 7pm is this possible?

please help me many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

can anyone help me answer all my questions please, I am 21 yrs old i have lots of experience looking after babies and i have 3 years work exp in Long day care centre, but i would like to Start my own FDC, im here in NSW.

if i'm not mistaken i'm allowed 7 children in my care right?
    how much can i charge each child?in the case of parent have to provide the nappy, wipes and their own food.

and how much can i charge each the case of i will provide nappy,wipes,and food?

and also i dont drive so can i set my own policy like i dont drop off the children?

since im single no children my own,
    i can work fulltime monday to friday from 7am to 7pm is this possible?

please help me many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    In our area (North Sydney) the local council coordinates family daycare. They are always looking for additional carers so I would give your local council a call and see if they do the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am stoked with FDC! After looking at 8 childcare centres I was mortified and decided my son would NEVER be in Childcare, then one of my bestie's mother started FDC in her home. My started at two years old, I was freaking out a little as he hasn't been left with non-family before. When I went to pick him up (after staring at my phone waiting for a call all day), he didn't want to leave! The second week he got a little teary both mornings, but since then has been more than happy. I like the fact there are only a few children, so they form a close bond (my son and a little girl a slightly older than him spend the days cuddling and following each other around), there are lots of fish and a dog which he 'helps' to feed, brush etc, it is a home environment which I prefer to a centre, and all the kids are clearly happy to be there (as opposed to every centre visit we made), there isn't staff turnover issues and I don't have to worry about staff who only work there because they don't know what else to do. We have had a wonderful FDC experience, and I am so relieved to have childcare where I know my son is more than happy and has all of his needs met.