+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default VERY sleepy baby

everyone would say I'm lucky but I don't feel that way my baby is sleepy all she does is sleep she is 2 weeks old
    if I didn't wake her every 4 to 5 hrs to have a bottle she wouldn't even eat
    I would live to hear from other people who have had to wake there babies etc I can't be the only one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was she jaundice at all? It is pretty normal for a newborn to sleep 22/24hrs. My 6wk old still sleeps all the time but she was early and jaundice. I was told to wake every 4hrs in day for feeds.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey! I was the same with DD 21 months ago. Boy do I regret wishing she would hurry up and be awake more...

She woke up alright. At 4 weeks, she developed reflux and would sleep max 4 hours a night and hardly at all during the day. Even after that was dealt with, only just now has she started sleeping regularly and well.

I am now in the same place with 2 week old DS. Although, he has woken up from sleepy baby mode now. He has decided to be a cluster feeder at stupid o'clock but I am glad that he still actually sleeps during the day and mostly will sleep for a couple of hours at a time at night.

Unless she is not thriving or you suspect jaundice, I would enjoy sleepy baby mode. It sucks that they wake out of it so fast. Wish sleepy baby mode lasted longer. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also as PP said, just wake her whenever you want her to eat. Also, during the day, try to have her sleeping in the house wherever you are. In the light etc. this will help to develop the day/night in her body clock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfectly normal for newborns to sleep do often. As mentioned in a previous post jaundice can make them extra sleepy but a healthy happy bub will sleep and sleep and sleep. If u are concerned at all u could call the hospital or see the MCHN or GP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    at one stage they thought she may have looked a little yellow in the hospital but then they changed there mind and didnt test. 2 different midwives have seen her at home visits since she has been home and they haven't mentioned her color at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gf had same type of issues (bubs is now 9mths) turns out she was lactose intolerant. Don't know why it made her sleepy. She did seem to cry a bit and seemed in pain.