+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wishart, Qld
    Posts
    694
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Positive thoughts...

    just having a tough time right now but trying to 'think' positive.. perhaps others might like to share their positive thoughts that keep them going?

    my ex might have wiped me out financially and emotionally but at the end of the day I have three amazing, clever, sweet, loving little children who tell me they love me every day. That makes up for every piece of suffering he tries to inflict on us. We may not have much money but we have each other and he can't take that away from us.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear you're having a tough time (hugs).

    I just try to focus on how much happier I am and how much closer I feel to my kids. I also know myself a lot better now and am extremely proud of standing on my own two feet.

    Yeah my 'family' income is less than a third of what it used to be - but I make it go so much further and I feel so powerful.

    I really wish I lived around some of the other single mummies in here - would be great to have each other as support IRL.

    You sound like an amazing mummy to me - and that's not because you're single - just because every post I've ever read of you makes me feel like you're kids are lucky to have you

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

    murrythecat  (03-04-2012)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wishart, Qld
    Posts
    694
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear you're having a tough time (hugs).

    I just try to focus on how much happier I am and how much closer I feel to my kids. I also know myself a lot better now and am extremely proud of standing on my own two feet.

    Yeah my 'family' income is less than a third of what it used to be - but I make it go so much further and I feel so powerful.

    I really wish I lived around some of the other single mummies in here - would be great to have each other as support IRL.

    You sound like an amazing mummy to me - and that's not because you're single - just because every post I've ever read of you makes me feel like you're kids are lucky to have you
    oh thanks for that (nearly made me cry).. I'm trying so hard to rise above all this situation and make the best of my life (careerwise, financial etc..) and my children's. I'm not sure I'm doing a great job but really trying. I just hope they appreciate what I've gone through for them when they are older.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by murrythecat View Post
    oh thanks for that (nearly made me cry).. I'm trying so hard to rise above all this situation and make the best of my life (careerwise, financial etc..) and my children's. I'm not sure I'm doing a great job but really trying. I just hope they appreciate what I've gone through for them when they are older.
    They absolutely will!!! But moreso you'll know what you've done for them.

    My situation is very different to yours - but I have to make a huge effort to accept that my children are around a woman I'd rather they never knew - but I figure... If she's still around, they'll see how much their mum cared for them in spite of the circumstances.

    I am an adult of separated parents - where my mum was our warrior - I never knew it nor appreciated it as a child ... But now - even though I try to maintain a relationship with my dad - he will never have a piece of my heart like my mum does.

    Soldier on - you are winning ... Keep your head up for those munchkins

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was a single mum when my son was 1-4 and I had a hard time staying positive and like you all I had was my kiddo, and that alone was enough even if some nights I ate baby food! It was worth it because we are very wry close now and that's how you and your kids will be. And when they grow up they will have so much respect for the woman who single handedly raised and fed them and loved the till the cows came home more than any two parent family could!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

    murrythecat  (03-04-2012)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wishart, Qld
    Posts
    694
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I am an adult of separated parents - where my mum was our warrior - I never knew it nor appreciated it as a child ... But now - even though I try to maintain a relationship with my dad - he will never have a piece of my heart like my mum does.

    Soldier on - you are winning ... Keep your head up for those munchkins
    me to and yep only in my adult years did I see how much my mother had to go through for us.. amazing and yep she's my inspiration as well. thank god I have her!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 16:26
  2. Positive HPT- Now What??
    By angelini in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 18:41
  3. OPK Positive, then negative, then positive. When did ovulation occur
    By Cherished in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-02-2012, 10:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
henry and grace
Summer Cool. We are the only brand in the world to use ultrafine Merino wool to produce the finest, softest & most luxurious garments whilst keeping mum and bub cool and dry. Wear them multiple times before machine washing-hard to believe, but true.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!