+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my DD got her ears done at 4.5 months, I didn't bother with numbing stuff (never heard of it to be honest!) she cries more when she does a poo so seriously, she was fine.

We have had no issues with keeping them clean or her touching them.

I would use the gel/cream stuff if u wanted, little bit won't hurt but either way they survive (seriously...they got pushed out of a vajay not that long ago, its not going to be as traumatic as that!!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

kriista  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, you've gotten the information that you require, so why is it such a big deal if the thread you have created goes off on a bit of a tangent?

It's like in any normal conversation, I might start off talking to my friend about her new dress, then move on to what I'm doing that weekend, and then onto what DS has just learnt. She's not going to stop me and say "Actually the topic was my dress".

In this instance, you have asked for an opinion on emla cream for piercing a small babies ears. You must realise by now that on BH many women are against any cosmetic altering of babies unless there is a valid reason (and the "cute" thing isn't what many consider valid). So like in any conversation, it moves - from Emla cream, to needles vs guns, to whether babies should be pierced at all.

If you really only wanted opinions from women who supported your stance, maybe BH should create a section called "Pro-Cosmetic Altering of Children before They Reach an Age Where They can Choose Themselves".

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mysurprisebaby For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (05-04-2012),Jakois  (05-04-2012),missybubble  (05-04-2012),squirrelex  (05-04-2012),sweetsugardumplin'  (12-04-2012),trishalishous  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysurprisebaby View Post
    If you really only wanted opinions from women who supported your stance, maybe BH should create a section called "Pro-Cosmetic Altering of Children before They Reach an Age Where They can Choose Themselves"
    Because its a forum, not a ladies luncheon with your friends?

She wanted to know about the cream, not what you think about what she is going to do regardless of what you believe.

If you want to bang on about your dislike for it I don't see why you just can't make your own thread in a "Anti-Cosmetic Altering of Children before They Reach an Age Where They can Choose Themselves"

Just sayin'....

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (05-04-2012),kriista  (05-04-2012),OS&N  (05-04-2012),Purple Lily  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven Eleven View Post
    Because its a forum, not a ladies luncheon with your friends?

She wanted to know about the cream, not what you think about what she is going to do regardless of what you believe.

If you want to bang on about your dislike for it I don't see why you just can't make your own thread in a "Anti-Cosmetic Altering of Children before They Reach an Age Where They can Choose Themselves"

Just sayin'....
    I haven't "banged on" about my dislike of ear piercing - just my dislike of a conversation taking a natural turn and then the OP suddenly telling everyone who isn't talking directly about her issue to go find another thread. That bothers me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mysurprisebaby For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, you've gotten the information that you require, so why is it such a big deal if the thread you have created goes off on a bit of a tangent?

It's like in any normal conversation, I might start off talking to my friend about her new dress, then move on to what I'm doing that weekend, and then onto what DS has just learnt. She's not going to stop me and say "Actually the topic was my dress".

In this instance, you have asked for an opinion on emla cream for piercing a small babies ears. You must realise by now that on BH many women are against any cosmetic altering of babies unless there is a valid reason (and the "cute" thing isn't what many consider valid). So like in any conversation, it moves - from Emla cream, to needles vs guns, to whether babies should be pierced at all.

If you really only wanted opinions from women who supported your stance, maybe BH should create a section called "Pro-Cosmetic Altering of Children before They Reach an Age Where They can Choose Themselves".
    I dont mind a healthy ,interactive conversation. But when some eople start commenting in a bad way about ear piercing, age at what it should be done, etc.. THATS what bugs me...
    I didnt ask about guns, but people talked about them and gave great information (thanks Gothchick!) which i appreciate..
    people have shared their experience and those of their kids (regardless of age )which is wonderful!

SO ,yeah, i dont mind people discussing things in a civil manner without giving snide ,rude comments... THATS where i draw the line and am not afraid to point it out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OS&N For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't "banged on" about my dislike of ear piercing - just my dislike of a conversation taking a natural turn and then the OP suddenly telling everyone who isn't talking directly about her issue to go find another thread. That bothers me.
    Natural turn is fine.... making rude opiniated comments , which others dont like, and lead to an argument (which is not exactly a healthy way a conversation to go) and ends up in a closed thread.
    Look i dont mind people commenting, but am just asking for them to be civil and polite to others. saying '' why pierce them'', '' doing it for parents pleasure'' and other similar comments is rude.
    and im sure everyone wants a natural, healthy discussion .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OS&N For This Useful Post:

kriista  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The topic up for discussion isn't whether the op should get her dd's ear pierced or not.
    Each to their own and seriously there's no need to turn this into a b!tch fest!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

pinkphantom  (05-04-2012),SugarSkull  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodelly View Post
    The topic up for discussion isn't whether the op should get her dd's ear pierced or not.
    Each to their own and seriously there's no need to turn this into a b!tch fest!
    You said it sister! Go Bodelly! I think some people feel better about themselves when they turn things into b**tchfests. It's kinda sad.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

kriista  (05-04-2012),pinkphantom  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samar81 View Post
    Im getting DD (7m) ears pierced day after tomorrow. the lady i soke to said they generally dont use any anesthetic cream to numb the area site. I know that hospitals/GPs use EMLA cream to numb childrens skin before giving injections.
    My questioon is, when you got your bubs ears pierced , was an anesthtic cream used? Im thinking of getting it myself and applying before getting ears pierced..
    My cousins had both her daughters ears pierced when they were a few months old and didnt use anything. Apparently her second daughter didn't even cry.
    If you'd feel better numbing them, maybe go to a pharmacy and see what kind of numbing creams they have = )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    My cousins had both her daughters ears pierced when they were a few months old and didnt use anything. Apparently her second daughter didn't even cry.
    If you'd feel better numbing them, maybe go to a pharmacy and see what kind of numbing creams they have = )
    Thanks! I went today and the pharmacist said emla is often used for vaccinations and ear piercings. So i got some.