+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My origional post was NOT as to whether I should get DDs ears pierced. It was about using emla, for which I have got great replies and have deicded to use it.
    Thanks to everyone for advise on the guns.

As to people who think i should wait till DDs older,(they are ''disgusted'', ''for parent pleasure '', etc) , I didnt ask for what age to get it done so please dont judge other ppl.

I can see this will turn nasty so if a mod wants to close this thread than please do!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OS&N For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (04-04-2012),jemmajam  (04-04-2012),kriista  (04-04-2012),Purple Lily  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jbish View Post
    Gothchick I want to thank you for your posts in this thread. My DD is nearly 2 and I have always thought that I would wait to get her ears peirced until she asked. Now even when she asks I will insist on the needle, I have had a few peircing done and all with needle but I never knew the hygenic risks of the gun.

Thank you thank you thank you...
    Aw you are very welcome. I just want people who choose to do this to have all the facts and make a safe and informed decision..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

share a book  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No creams or anything were used when my daughters' ears were pierced, but they were 7 and 4 not 7 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Okay, back, and less wound up.

Can I ask a genuine question...how come you got your 4 month old done, but waited until your other daughter was 2 because that was when she asked you to have it done. Why did one get the choice and the other didn't?
    One was my first child second was my 3rd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    One was my first child second was my 3rd
    I don't understand your point sorry...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samar81 View Post
    thanks everyone! i wont get emla than.

Gothchick, i didnt know guns were unhygienic! i thought everyone uses them, rather than needles, now ... i'll call and ask the lady tomorrow as to what she'll use..
    You want to check the place out before you get it done and make sure that everything is cleaned properly. There was a place on the sunshine coast where i got my ears pierced the same day as my SIL, she got hers done first and me second and it was only after we left we realised they didn't clean the gun after each use (We saw the person after me go in and get them done without cleaning the gun or the bench where you sit and they put the gun down at all)... We got bad infections after those piercings but i've never had an infection from ear piercings anywhere else.

got my DD (age 4yr) ears pierced last year, she was done with the gun, they did one ear and then she freaked out and wouldn't let them do the other for around 45mins. in the end i sorta had to hold her down and get them to do it. She refused to leave the shop til the other was done but was afraid of it. She didn't have any infection because the girl cleaned the gun before and after use.

I wouldn't bother with numbing cream, the feel of it and the noise of it (if you use the gun) will probably be more scarey then any pain. Just have something to distract your little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks C2p08! I had asked the lady who will be doing the piercing as to cleanliness and she does clean inbetween use,( she has pierced all of my nieces ears so am comfortable going to her). she does use needles but not sure whats the minimum age she does it so will ask her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    OP - from another point of view - my ears were pierced as a baby and I really wish they were not done so young. I would have really liked to have been been able to make that decision myself, research it, choose the piercer myself etc.

I used to get infections a fair bit when I was younger and they are also incredibly uneven, one hole sits a lot higher than the other and it really irritates me. I got slammed on here the last time I complained about my uneven ear holes, but it honestly bothers me. I wish Mum had of waited
    Im so sorry to hear that yours ear holes are uneven .
    And you were slammed for talking about it on bh!!?? thats just horrible !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samar81 View Post
    Thanks C2p08! I had asked the lady who will be doing the piercing as to cleanliness and she does clean inbetween use,( she has pierced all of my nieces ears so am comfortable going to her). she does use needles but not sure whats the minimum age she does it so will ask her.
    Personally i wouldn't use the needle, i saw it done with my SIL when she got her nose done and it looks way more painful then the gun. Id get them done with the gun, they generally say to do both sides at once, but IMO if one is done slightly before the other they could be done uneven- i heard from a friend that when she got her daughters ears done as a baby, one was done slightly before the other, and the second one wasn't even before her daughter moved and they didn't have a proper grip on her ear.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    I don't understand your point sorry...
    Maybe she means that she thought it through by the time she was onto her third child. Sorry GothChick, I have nothing against you but this seems like you're picking a fight

13. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

kriista  (04-04-2012)