+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cindye View Post
    Neekie, has your DH left for the tour? How are things going?
    Hey Cindye,

He leaves Sunday, there was a delay on the money, they are paying our expenses here while he's away,and DH refused to leave until the money was paid for is to be ok here, and so now they leave Sunday morning.

It's not really hit me yet, because of the delays, but once we are at the air port I'm sure I'll be a mess!
    He went away when we were first together for 5 months and that was hard, but this time with the baby an pregnant it will be twice as hard.

I'm sure I'll be posting my Sads all over the forum!

How you doing??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Enjoy the next couple of days before he goes.
    I just got back from a week away with my 3 kiddlywinks. We stayed at my mum's place and they had a wonderful time playing with all their cousins. It was lovely to see.
    I also took DD1 for her entrance interview for school next year and they've verbally accepted her, which is great.
    When we got home on Wednesday night and came out of the lift and started walking down the hall to our apartment I had a sick feeling in my stomach. Yeah, it was great to see DH, but I didn't feel relieved/grateful/thankful to be home.
    It was DH's birthday yesterday, so we needed to be back for it, but I wish we could have stayed longer.
    I really got a chance to relax and reconnect with my family and friends, and I took every opportunity to tell them how excited I was that we'd be moving back at the end of the year.
    Over Easter DH and I had a decent chat about moving and the logistics of it all. I really hope he finds a great job later this year and I don't end up heading back solo...
    Anyway, I'll be thinking of you. Hope Sunday is bearable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy the next couple of days before he goes.
    I just got back from a week away with my 3 kiddlywinks. We stayed at my mum's place and they had a wonderful time playing with all their cousins. It was lovely to see.
    I also took DD1 for her entrance interview for school next year and they've verbally accepted her, which is great.
    When we got home on Wednesday night and came out of the lift and started walking down the hall to our apartment I had a sick feeling in my stomach. Yeah, it was great to see DH, but I didn't feel relieved/grateful/thankful to be home.
    It was DH's birthday yesterday, so we needed to be back for it, but I wish we could have stayed longer.
    I really got a chance to relax and reconnect with my family and friends, and I took every opportunity to tell them how excited I was that we'd be moving back at the end of the year.
    Over Easter DH and I had a decent chat about moving and the logistics of it all. I really hope he finds a great job later this year and I don't end up heading back solo...
    Anyway, I'll be thinking of you. Hope Sunday is bearable.
    Oh dear? How come you felt that way?? When you got home?

It's great you guys did talk about it.
    What did he say about the move, will he stay behind if he doesn't find a job??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just general blurgh at being back to the daily grind...

He's working on getting his portfolio up to date and is keeping an eye on the job market. Ideally he'd find something anytime from October onwards, but if it gets to Christmas and he doesn't have a job yet, I'll move with the kids and he'll follow soon after. Just have to see how it pans out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with tomorrow.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    To both of you, I can empathise a little, my ex used to be away a LOT when we were together, and I found it difficult to cope with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks AM! It seems ridiculous to say that I feel this way, especially when I'm in a wonderful relationship with a husband who is physically present. But at the moment life seems so unbalanced towards his work. Hope the scales tip back soon...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! It does suck!

Soon enough I am sure it will even out Cindye!

DH left yesterday now he's on a plane to LA and I won't be able to talk to him for 24 hours! when he told me that I bawled 3 months! Wah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neekie, your DH must be back soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neekie, your DH must be back soon?
    He got home on the 30th of June! life is so much easier with him home!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

Sub Rosa  (19-07-2012)