+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Do you try and avoid chocolate overload for Easter (your kids, not you)?

Today I went shopping without DD (left her with DP) so I could get her some stuff for Easter.

All the years past, she's had a little chocolate, but mostly I try and get her other things too... and was wondering if I'm alone?

This year I got her a set of little Darrell Lea ducks/chickens/some sort of bird (lol) which are only quite small... but where my parents would have added yet more eggs to it, I went to a little kitchenware shop and got an Easter-themed egg-cup, and to Diva where I got her an Easter-themed bracelet and some stickers.

Just wondering if you avoid a chocolate overload, and what you get instead (so I can steal your ideas next time...lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use Easter for books and pjs any chocolate overload normally gets eaten by me so i try to avoid that situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, DD is only 20 months so she got a gorgeous handmade doll dressed in a miniature versions of one of DD's dresses, an egg cup, a little easter colouring in and sticker book, a cute knitted bunny and just a little packet of kinder easter bunny chocolates in an easter basket. She's too little to eat too much chocolate but I will probably always buy her a little something
    'extra' as opposed to just chocolate, it gets too much! My mum goes overboard with chocolates every year anyway, enough to last us months!!
    Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD's are 3 and 1. They both love Zhu Zhu pets so I got them a Zhu Zhu pet each and put about 10 little solid eggs into the box. The will love it. My 1 y/o will get about 1 or 2 little eggs and I'll no doubt eat the rest. My 3 y/o is good at rationing out her treats and she'll likely eat one each day. I know they will get easter eggs from both sets of grandparents though...looks like I'll have to take one for the team and eat them too .

I was pretty chuffed because I found the Zhu Zhu pets at Sam's Warehouse for $15 and that included the ice-cream truck with one and the car with the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am the only one that buys for my kids so we have no worries at all. I just buy one big egg (softball size) and two small eggs (egg size) and a few mini eggs each. They all have there own bags in the fridge and they tend to stretch them out over the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I let her eat as much chocolate as she likes as long as she has meals inbetween on Easter.

She eats pretty healthily most of the time so I relax round Easter and just let her pig out.
    I find if I just say yes, she only ends up eating about 2 chocolate bunnies and then gets sick of it....which means I get the rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last year we were in the uk where all our family and friends live, so DS was given a few eggs, most of which we ate to be honest (DS was only 18 months ) this year we may buy him a tiny chocolate bunny and my parents have left some money for an Easter pressie, so we may buy a tiny egg and spend the rest on a toy or clothes. So in answer to your question, yes we try to avoid the chocolate overload

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The boys get a choc bunny each..the end.

We dont have the money for pjs and other pressies usually. We never got anything but an egg for easter growing up. Coming here i was suprised over the years that people use easter to get their kids actual presents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, not because I'm worried for their health...they eat clean normally so a little junk on special occasions doesn't faze me, but because it usually goes to waste.

This year they have one medium chick, one small bunny, and one marshmallow bunny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Man, i must the Easter equivalent of the scrooge because i get my kids nothing. Being Easter we usually have family lunch so they get to eat lots of yummy foods there, i don't get them any gift/chocolate - when they are older i will probably just get one decent egg each.
    DD2 will be getting gifts this year as it's her birthday on Easter Sunday
    I avoid chocolate overload by just not buying it and i ask relatives to limit it to one egg/small gift if they must buy something.