+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't feel bad... I agree with PP. here's the cake for inspiration I made for DD's 1st birthday (which was a last minute handful of random friends celebration to cure my guilt which was exactly the same a yours!)
    Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Lulu56  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have done the same. DD1 had 4 birthday parties now. DD2 has had NONE I did a huge one for DD1's first and barely did anything for DD2. Even with cakes, DD1 has had a butterfly, a princess, a mermaid, a fairy toadstool, a ladybug... By the time DD2's birthday comes around (later in the year) I can't be bothered going to that much effort. I feel bad but have managed to console myself with the fact that she is probably only just old enough to understand it now, so I am planning her a party for this year and I am making her a pony cake!

I think the other suggestions of just going somewhere sound nice, or even just decorating the house a bit with balloons. At 1 they are probably more thrilled with the balloons than a house full of people anyway.

Good luck with your cake, it sounds awesome

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    you are all so wonderful. Thank you for making me feel better about this.

I had a big cry (yes, I am a bloody sook!) to DH last night & pointed out a lot of things that DD2 has had.....

DD2 has already had her naming day celebration with all the family & it was wonderful - DD1 had to combine hers with her birthday!

DD2 has also had the provellage of spending most of her life with DH at home, DD1 hardly ever saw him as he was always at sea.

These two things were enough to make me feel slightly better. I am still going to make the cake, but just not a huge one! I will definitely post pics once I have.

But now that dreaded mummy guilt is playing on other things that DD2 is missing out on that DD1 got! ARGH! When does it end?!?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs... I think mummy guilt is very normal! Our DD1 has EVERYTHING, there will be nothing left for DD2, so she will be getting hand me downs, LOL... I think and I'm learning that #1 is always going to have that tiny bit more than younger siblings - my mummy guilt today is that as there is only 18 months between DD1 and DD2 that we didn't give DD1 enough time with just her mummy and daddy, which is stupid coz she got our 110% attention for 18 months, LOL...