+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The 1st time I overpacked so 2nd time I packed less and needed more. Went through 4 pairs of pjs due to leaking (tmi) and every feed without fail DD2 had a poosplosion and had to be changed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I packed heaps of stuff for bubs (7 one-sies!!) plus all this other crap only to bring most of it home.

All I used for 5 days in hospy -

2 sets of PJs.... Day ones and night ones.
    9 pairs of knickers (granny style)
    4 shelf bras
    10 face washers (to shove in bras to act like breast pads but they were softer and I could wash them in the room to re-use... I hate disposable pads)
    1 packet maternity pads
    make up
    dressing gown and fluffy slippers.
    1 outfit to arrive/leave hospy in
    1 pair of shoes

for bub - 3 onesies, 3 singlets (had 3 baths whilst there so hence the 3 changes), 1 leaving hospy outfit.

Hospy provided nappies/wipes/blankets/bunny rugs etc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be my 4th time so am packing from experience :-)

1 bag for bub -
    small pack huggies newborn Nappies
    1 pack sensitive wipes
    1 tub Sudocream
    5 onesies
    5 singlets
    Couple of beanies
    2 wraps
    1 fluffy blanket

1 bag for me -
    Pjs - 1 pair
    Tracksuit pants x2
    T shirts x2
    Jumper/jacket x1
    Bonds breastfeeding singlets x 3
    Knickers x5
    Slippers
    Thongs
    Mascara
    Eyeliner
    Toiletries - I buy sample sizes of all the products I need and have then packed way in advance (i have history of prem labour)
    Maternity pads- 1 pack of the enormous ones (kotex maybe?) and 1 pack of the thinner maternity (libra?)

I also send dirty clothes home with DH and get him to bring back any other stuff I need.
    Last bub I was only in for about 14 hours so didn't use half of my stuff, this time hoping for a 6 hour checkout so shouldn't need much at all :-)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I cant quote on this phone, but i took about the same as izzys mum. I was in 2 weeks, but didnt need much and dh was able to bring anything i needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those who plan on a short stay, do you trust your husband to pack a bag for a longer stay or will you pack a bag for a longer stay and leave it at home in case it's needed later on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With dd I packed too much! I had:
    - new pj's (didnt wear them)
    - tracksuit bottoms x2 (wore over the 3 day stay)
    - Breastfeeding singlets x3
    - Black granny pants x10
    - Maternity bra's x3

Make up was a must have for me! Felt so much better

Hospy provided pads but took 10 pack x1

Shampoo and Conditioner

Straightners lol

Baby Bag:
    -nappies x10 but Hospy provided them
    -x2 jump suits but bub wore Hospy clothes til first bath
    - pack of wipes but used the provided wet cloths
    -blanket for bubs
    - MITTENS !! Forgot to pack and needed asap !!

Charger, Chocolate, breast pads and slippers. Plus more that I didnt find that important.

Worst was taking it all to the car! Df must of done 15 trips !! Lots of presents and junk lol.

Next time will pack minimal and send home with df each day.

I did have another bag at home if I needed a longer stay. I couldnt trust df to organise matching clothes etc Haha!

Remember: Hair ties !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i packed all the chunky disposable stuff - pads, breast pads, nappies n wipes in a green shopping bag.

packed a carry on size for myself and packed stuff for bub in baby bag.

i also took a half dozen plastic bags.
    each day before DH went home id put any dirty clothes and a few presents etc in a bag and send home with DH.

that way when we did leave we only had to cart the stuff we brought in and of course new bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    For those who plan on a short stay, do you trust your husband to pack a bag for a longer stay or will you pack a bag for a longer stay and leave it at home in case it's needed later on?
    No way and neither did he, hence I packed for worst case scenario (needing to be admitted to the hospital). It was just over a 2hr return trip for us so was easier to just cart the extra rather than send dh home for it

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    In case of a longer stay I had extra clothes in a basket with a huge tag reading "extra hospy stuff".

DH did spend all nights at the hospy but left every morning for a couple of hours to go home to shower/gym workout?!?! That way he took all the dirty stuff and presents home as they arrived and bring anything in I wanted. It gave me time also to deal with bin solo for a bit (he usually left after we went to sleep tho)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I always take three bags,

One for me, with a separate bag inside that with the labour stuff in it.

My nappy bag, with all bubs stuff

A smallish bag, with stuff for the big kids to play with. eg paper and pencils, small toy cars, doll etc and a present for each child from bub.