+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No not really, I don't really have people asking or trying to pry. Not sure why... But I have had other single mothers ask but its the same as poster above, to see if we are getting same amounts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Haha check out the rules for single mums -single mums are public property!

First home owners grants, child care rebates, private health rebates, FTB aren't 'welfare' and people are 'entitled' to them. But the dreaded single mum is sponging off the government of course so everyone has a right to know how much money they receive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't really had many people act like that to me. I know some assume I get government benefits, but I haven't applied or any. I dont need to right now but I did claim them when I was single and not working.

I have found the occasions I am 'judged' it's one extreme to the other, they either think I'm rolling in all this cash from the government or poor because im single.... Oh well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Story of my life, although it was the same even when I was with ex. I know people are just looking out for us but gees it gets my goat.

The thing that really annoys me though is when people assume I get heaps of money for being a single mother, so I should be able to save it and all that. Let me tell you, with three kids, rent, food, bills, life, etc etc the money I get does not last very long at all. Some days (or weeks) I have barely any.