+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Angry Stupid, pathetic, ignorant twits!!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...favour-of-boy/

The poor baby girl...how can a mother just abandon her !! OK so hospital made a mistake and they should take a blood test to confirm the parents but to flat out refuse to take the baby girl if she is theirs is infuriating!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Because boys are favoured in their culture. It's very sad, but it's a societal problem that's been going on for a very long time. The have probably bonded with the boy, and to them, it seems horrible to have to give up their healthy preferred boy for a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Based on the brief report, it appears that they took what they thought to be their son home and began bonding with him. Now the hospital is saying there was a mixup and the boy is not theirs but this girl is instead, and wants to do tests to correct the situation.

I think it is a terrible situation but can sympathise with the parents. It appears that they aren't willing to give up their son, and they fear that if they acknowledge this girl then they'll be opening themselves up to have their son ripped away from them.

They seem to be of the opinion that genetics do not make a parent/child relationship but experience does. They already consider the boy their son and are doing what they can to protect him.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 03-04-2012 at 12:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If someone had come into my room at the hospital, even 10 minutes after DS1's birth (impossible because he was with me the entire time, but just as an example) and told me he wasn't actually mine, and I had to swap him for another, I would probably have reacted the same way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i understand that ,regardless of gender, if you have spent time with a baby ,bonded with him/her and than are told that there was a mix up that ofcourse its upsetting and you would try to prove your paternity (DNA test,etc).
    But in india and similar countries, boys are such a HUGE deal that i have a bad feeling that that baby girl will not be claimed by the birth parents,and they will still fight to keep the boy..

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor little girl What about the other parents? They probably want their son, but surely they must have developed some attachment to the little girl?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awful
    I could maybe understand if they had had the wrong baby for a year or something and then found out - after that long bonding with a child it would hard to then swap even if it was swapping to your biological child. However it was only a week - yes, it would be upsetting but i think you would want your bio child (i would).
    I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if it was 2 boys....