+ Reply to Thread
    jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else had endometrial macrophages on biopsy

Hi ladies, was just wondering if any one has had an issue with endometrial macrophages? I have had three biopsies and all have shown extremely high levels despite sooooooo many antibiotics and a lipiodol flush. Interestingly my hysteroscopy showed marked inflammation pre treatment and was fine after but unfortunately the biopsy didn't reflect that.

After the treatment I did get my first ever BFP But ended in early miscarriage at just over 5 weeks. This did give us hope but my FS thought it was due to the macrophages and repeated biopsy which showed no change but as I said the hysterascopy was clear. He has strongly suggested surrogacy/adoption and told us he doubts we will ever have our own child.

So anyone had a similar thing. I have googled and googled and found nothing. FS said he has never seen this before, his patients with same biopsy results have all gotten pg after the treatment.

FS has agreed to continue IVF as he admitted that he really didn't know but I got the impression he thinks we are wasting time and money. I can't help thinking that there is SOMETHING else we can try, I can't be the only one.

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmmm just a little bump from someone very desperate for answers?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't read and not send some hugs to you.
    I'm sorry I know nothing about what your going through, but hopefully a *Bump* will help and some one with the right advise will reach you.
    Good luck.
    :: :: ::

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

jayemkayare  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaye - I've been thinking of you a lot the last couple of months. I'm sorry I dont have any information for you hun, just wanted to bump this so hopefully someone can help you with it. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both so much for your thoughts. Looks like I'm out of luck, perhaps my FS wasn't lying when he said he had never seen this before. I might join an overseas forum and see if anyone knows anything from there.

Thanks again ladies. xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jayemkayare For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemkayare View Post
    Thank you both so much for your thoughts. Looks like I'm out of luck, perhaps my FS wasn't lying when he said he had never seen this before. I might join an overseas forum and see if anyone knows anything from there.

Thanks again ladies. xx
    Sorry you didnt find any help on here
    Have you thought about getting a second opinion at all?
    With something this rare I wonder of it would be beneficial to see another FS, maybe another might have different ways of working around this to fall pregnant?

I really do hope things work out for you, and hopefully you find help and support on the overseas forum where it might reach a larger audience.

Fingers are crossed for you.
    Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachell, This unfortunately is my second opinion. My current FS is by reputation the best in South Australia regarding immune issues. I guess I was hoping somebody interstate may have had something similar so I would have some kind of idea of what other clinics would be best to approach.

Keep those fingers crossed for me hey and maybe some toes too!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemkayare View Post
    Rachell, This unfortunately is my second opinion. My current FS is by reputation the best in South Australia regarding immune issues. I guess I was hoping somebody interstate may have had something similar so I would have some kind of idea of what other clinics would be best to approach.

Keep those fingers crossed for me hey and maybe some toes too!!!!!
    I'm sorry to hear that

Maybe you could start a new thread asking the mums who have adopted/ used surrogacy why they chose that option, and why they couldn't fall pregnant naturally. You might find someone who has had a similar experience, or can offer some advise? Might be worthy try, sorry if you have already tried this.

Have you had any luck on the international forums yet?

I'm really sorry I can't offer you some decent advise.

Have been thinking about you a lot lately, there has to be someone out there who has shared the same troubles as you, hopefully you stumble across them and get some guidance on what to do next.

I have all 10 fingers and 10 toes crossed for you!! My legs an arms too