+ Reply to Thread

Default Sleep issue

Hi All,

My daughter has just turned 1. She has always been a terrible sleeper. She would wake between 6-9 times per night. I resorted to letting her sleep with us if she woke more than 3 times in a night, so she ends up in with us every night usually after 2am. I am so damn tired. She is also an early riser, starting her day a 5.30am. She goes to bed at 7.30 (I have tried an earlier bed time and it did not help). She has 2 naps each day, 30min in the morning and 1.5hours in the afternoon. She puts herself to sleep in her cot and I sit in her room until she is alseep. I make no eye contact and do not talk to her during this process. About 1 month ago she slept through the night for 4 consecutive nights. It was bliss. I know she can do it. We always wanted our children close together in age but I am too scared to fall pregnant again because I don't think I could cope with pregnancy and spending half the night away. Has anyone else had a baby that sleeps this terribly? When did it end?

Darwin, NT
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs. But sorry, no advice cos im in the same boat so subscribing. Would love babies close together but 9 month old DS follows nearly exactly the same pattern as your girl but comes in with us at 12ish.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitman For This Useful Post:

rachel27  (04-04-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a terrible nearly 1yo sleeper. Though for the past week he has been only waking up once and going back to his cot till 5am instead of my bed! I think it's because the nights are such a nice temp lately, not hot but not freezing yet either. He will probably regress...again! But I'm enjoying it while I can

5. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

rachel27  (04-04-2012)