+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reducing feeds

Hi All,

My daughter has just turned 1 and is being breastfed 3 times per day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Just wondering when you dropped the lunch time breastfeed and did you give your bub cows milk as a replacement?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Rachel, my little man is 1 and still has his 3 feeds a day. He will take or leave the lunchtime feed though so I offer it to him and if he refuses I give him a drink of cows milk instead which he loves. He has been having cows milk in his cereal for a few months so we had no problems with the transition

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy2aandh For This Useful Post:

rachel27  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter is 2 and has 3 feeds most days. There are no rules with when you have to give up a feed, it is whatever works for you and your baby.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

rachel27  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 11 months and still feeds 6-8 times on a normal day and 4-5 times on a daycare day! Doesn't look like he'll be dropping any of those feeds anytime soon.

I'll be no help to you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkiCuddles For This Useful Post:

rachel27  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest is 22 months and until about 3 months ago was feeding 4-5 times a day still, he dropped the day feeds himself, didn't want them even when offered so I stopped offering and he's never asked since.
    He still wants his morning and night feed though so we're sticking with that for now, bub will let you know when they're ready to drop a feed.

Oh and I don't give him cows milk to drink, instead I just increased the amount of morning tea and afternoon tea he gets to make up for the lack of day feeds

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meeka2k For This Useful Post:

rachel27  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is 1 is a few days. He still pulls my top up whenever he pleases but the closer he has been getting to the 12 month mark, the more I've been trying to keep boob for night time and naps (so morning, nap, nap, bed time, night feed = 5 feeds). Some days it works and he will be happy with water and solids inbetween and other days it just doesn't work out, haha. So no idea when we will be down to 3 but every bub will be so very different!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

rachel27  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At 1yo DD was having morning nap feed, afternoon nap feed, bedtime feed, overnight feed, early morning feed (5 per day) but dropped to 2/3 at 14mths for morning nap/afternoon nap and bedtime feeds. At 19mths she is having a feed at naptime and bedtime.

There is no real reason you have to drop the feed - only if you want to. DD doesnt have any cows milk on the days she is home but has some on daycare days.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

rachel27  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your messages ladies. It is good it read how others feed their babies. I am wanting to wean her by May because I want to try for another bub and I have had a miscarriage in the past and bled through the pregnancy with my daughter so I was adviced to wean before falling pregnant. Thanks again