+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how much formula for my 9month old?

Hello, i have just introduced the 3rd solid feed to my almost 9mth old. she was on 3 bottles of 240mls (but would leave about 30mls of each bottle) but since adding that 3rd solid in she seems to way too full for that 3rd bottle so i have let her go for couple days with 2 bottles of 240mls & she dinks the whole thing now & also seems to be happy without that eatra bottle. I also give her a tub of yoghurt every day too. Because she is a late riser in the morning (about 9 or 9:30am) then goes to bed around 7:30/8pm by the time she has 2 bottles & 3 solids feeds we dont have time for the 3rd.
    I am just wondering if this is ok? I dont really want to force her to have another bottle if she really doesnt want it & put it this way she isnt fading away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What kind of solids is she eating? I worry that before 1 they need a lot of nutrients and that is hard to get from solids at 9 months, bm/formula is the most important source of nutrition before 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She is having either rice cereal 6 scoops or weet bix 1 bix with full cream milk for beakfast then she will have her bottle then meat & veg for lunch or avacardo & banana then mid arvo she will have a tub of youghurt then tea she has meat & veg sometimes i add some cheese too then her milk b4 bed. Also she would have some cruskits or milk arrowroot or rusks too in between that. i might have to go to my health nurse & just see what they have to say