+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I fake it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    Dont be so hard on yourself Dark Cherry, i think even the most confident person would feel a bit out of their depth when starting something new, i find i set my heart and sights on something, then follow through and find myself thinking holy crap i cant do this, im not worthy or something along those lines... it takes a bit of time to adjust to a new situation, figure everyone out and where everyones at before we feel like we can ' fit in' and power on.

Does any of that make sense?
    That makes a lot of sense. See, that's exactly how I feel!
    You're right though. I need to be kind to myself and settle in.
    Thank you xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can fake it, but the people who know me well know how I really feel. I also have a tendency to get too caught up in what other people think of me and care too much I am trying to get myself to a point where I don't let it affect me so much... Wishful thinking but it is worth a try

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (04-04-2012),Gothel  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and DC, just for the record I think it is amazing you started a course in the first place. My self esteem has stopped me from doing so many things like that, so you should be proud And I am sure you will settle in soon enough

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    I can fake it, but the people who know me well know how I really feel. I also have a tendency to get too caught up in what other people think of me and care too much I am trying to get myself to a point where I don't let it affect me so much... Wishful thinking but it is worth a try
    Chameleon... You're an amazing person. You're beautiful both inside and out. I will tell you that much. People are probably looking at you thinking "look at that m**f!" lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (04-04-2012),Gothel  (04-04-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i don't have it and I'm no good at faking it. I actually find it easier to talk to total strangers than anyone I am connected to. I'm good at retreating into a corner or avoiding situations. Its really held me back over the years, professionally and socially. i'm kind of at the point now where I'm sick of letting what *I* think other people think effect what i actually do. I'm realising that noone else has it all worked out anyway. And if they think they do, what they have worked out is prob not right for me, si i might as well do what i want anyway

Thats the theory anyway

ETA oh and DC I think you're so cool for doing this course, you've wanted to do it for so long and you'll be really good at it!!

And Chameleon you rock too
    Last edited by Gothel; 04-04-2012 at 12:00.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    Chameleon... You're an amazing person. You're beautiful both inside and out. I will tell you that much. People are probably looking at you thinking "look at that m**f!" lol
    Right back at you DarkCherry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have it, for the most part.

Has it changed over the years? Yes very much so, as my self esteem and body image grew so does my confidence. I also find that if I'm feeling particularly down on myself that my confidence will go down - generally once a month

What makes you so confident or not so confident? I've worked a lot on my self esteem. I've given birth to 6 children naturally and breastfed them all, this has made me feel at aw with my body and with my ability to perservere. Then it just snowballs from there. It also helps that I'm with a man who worships the ground I walk on and he makes me feel beautiful and amazing.

Do you ever fake confidence? On days where I don't feel confident, I have 'tried' to fake it.

Does it help? God no!