+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I worked for McDonalds for 6 years and I was a manager there, some of the things people try to tell me about it is rubbish.
    There is a very strict Food Safety guide that has to be followed at all times. There are also many SOR's (like an audit/inspection) performed by head office, we have audits from health inspectors and pest control places quite regularly.

At the end of the day people believe what they want.
    No Macca's isn't the healthiest food, if you have a problem with that then simply don't eat it?
    Last edited by brooke88(mum2b09); 03-04-2012 at 11:08.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (03-04-2012),Guest1234  (03-04-2012),MyPossum  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky2006 View Post
    Also considered that the farms they did show were farms chosen by maccas to show, show farms.
    I thought this too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just wish ppl would stop expecting maccas and the rest to be healthy food, it's junk food and meant to be full of salt and fat and all those things that make it tasty and it isn't bad for you if you eat it in moderation and that's not every week. I think all this healthy menu stuff is making ppl think they can eat there every day and that is not the right message.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    I just wish ppl would stop expecting maccas and the rest to be healthy food, it's junk food and meant to be full of salt and fat and all those things that make it tasty and it isn't bad for you if you eat it in moderation and that's not every week. I think all this healthy menu stuff is making ppl think they can eat there every day and that is not the right message.
    Because unfortunately there are people out there who eat this and feed it to their children more then just occasionally, our attitudes towards food are formed based on our experience with food as children, and it's really hard to change our deep-seeded views on nutrition as adults. I struggle at times with knowing what's best for me and my kids and thinking well I ate xyz as a child and turned out fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    I worked for McDonalds for 6 years and I was a manager there, some of the things people try to tell me about it is rubbish.
    There is a very strict Food Safety guide that has to be followed at all times. There are also many SOR's (like an audit/inspection) performed by head office, we have audits from health inspectors and pest control places quite regularly.

No Macca's isn't the healthiest food, if you have a problem with that then simply don't eat it?
    I am the same- worked over 9 years there, mostly as a manager.. & I agree completely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post

This, I worked there for just over 4 years and they're so strict with food quality and cleanliness. I thought I knew how to clean properly, working at Maccas turned my idea of 'clean' and cleaning on it's head. My mum always gets me to do a 'Maccas mop' on her floors because I get them so much cleaner and shinier than her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fwiw I worked at HJs for 4 years and while I agree they are clean, because they have to be, their food is crap.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I watched the show, and there is still no way I will ever eat there. Of course, who pays the piper names the tune, so they werent about to show anything negative. It is good if Australian Maccas buy the food from Aussie farms, but how can a Big Mac taste the same whether you buy it in Bangkok or Bondi. The list of ingredients in the shakes, is as long as your arm, not just milk, and ice cream. I have never doubted the cleanliness, or questioned the food handleing practises, its the food that is Sh*t. I can eat a muffin or something from the cafe part, I will never eat a burger or the fries. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The show was a con - I bet you a million dollars they would never have a nutritionist/dietician on there to ask questions like : how much trans fat is in all your products? Is your soy and canola oil genetically modified? Do you realize 1 pack of nuggets has over half a days worth of recommend salt intake for a child ( and that's excluding the chips!)
    They were trying to promote it as healthy , yes the original fresh produce is but not once they get hold of it! Seriously it's fast food we all know that!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (03-04-2012),Nicky2006  (03-04-2012),Witwicky  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't doubt the cleanliness, its the food loaded with salt sugar transfat etc that i have an issue with. for me its not a moderation thing its just terribly bad for you and i could't feed it to my child either. i don't judge those who do eat it but its not for me. the program in my opinion ws a sham, not one question was directly answered. they said the chicken nuggets were made for chicken breast mixed with skin YUK!!! just makes me feel sick i crumb a chicken breast and cook it at home YUM much nicer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (03-04-2012),Witwicky  (03-04-2012)