+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That show was hilarious, what a crock of sh!t! It was basically an extended Mcdonald's advertisment A "documentary" about Mcdonald's, funded by Mcdonald's LOL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (03-04-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Was interested to watch this....until...

"Mcdonalds funded this documentary..."

*click* channel change.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No mention of the preservatives in the buns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah that was crazy. It was interesting while I was half watching, and then I started to really watch and it offended my sensibilities.

I felt cheap and 'sold to'.

Stoopid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't watch it, glad I didn't bother since it seems it was just propaganda. Their ketchup is made in china now, big no no for me. I tryt o avoid food made in china as best I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I saw paid by Macca's and switched it off. I'm not worried about cleanliness, in Australia a certain level of cleanliness must be maintained by any food service outlet in order to stay in operation and I have no doubt that there is actual chicken, beef, lettuce whatever in the food.

What concerns me is the processing of the food, the additives and the cooking methods and the impact on our health. MacDonald's is food devoid of all nutrient value, it's empty calories. It's no good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elleandsam I would agree with you but have seen so many food businesses not complying with set standards that I actually think it is too easy to get away with poor hygiene and food storage.

Two weeks ago. Was at a food court in a large, busy shopping centre. I noticed the kebab shop had a large stainless steel tub of shaved kebab meat sitting on a rubbish chute, I assumed it was to be thrown out. Later I saw the woman transfer the meat to a plastic container and reheat it to make the kebabs the whole time we sat out in front of the shop they had a large trolley of fresh made pides sitting at room temp. They have been fined by the health authorities for storing food on the bin before. Obviously a 200 dollar fine or whatever it was meant nothing to them.

The place actually looked clean, fresh and busy too.

While pregnant I would probably prefer a McDonald's as at least they have strict control.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CheekyChicken For This Useful Post:

Nicky2006  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I was impressed. At least I won't feel 'as' bad giving it to my kids as a sometimes food. Yes the sauces and stuff would have preservatives in it....so are the sauces from the supermarkets.

I like how the beef is real australian beef and chicken is real chicken (not blended up scraps as some would have you believe). Yes there'd be preservatives in the buns (same as at the supermarkets) or the buns would go stale quickly duh and who wants to eat stale buns.

I'm glad they're trying to make things better all the time, cutting half the sugar content in the buns as they use to have making them have LESS SUGAR than those bought at the stores.

Wasn't impressed with the sugar/water wash they put on the fries but felt better that they said that it would be less than 1% sugar by the time we got them.

I knew it wasn't AS bad as people say. Definetly won't go eating it everyday or anything as it's all jam packed with calories but glad that the ingredients are all fresh quality ingredients and australian grown - awesome!

Made me hungry for maccas though which is not good when you're trying to lose weight and you haven't had it for a few months LOL

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Ash93  (03-04-2012),Guest1234  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MacDonald's is food devoid of all nutrient value, it's empty calories. It's no good.
    Well being on a low calorie diet myself, I agree that there are empty calories in the buns....but there are empty calories in all white bread products, this isn't specific to macdonalds. As for the nutritional benefits, as far as I know there is nutrition in beef and chicken and I do believe there'd be some nutrients in tomatos and lettuce and onions....and even potatos. The beef and chicken have NOT been overprocessed at all and don't have preservatives and the only additive in the chicken were phosphates in order to keep it moist. McDonalds CEO did address this concern by saying that if there was another way to keep the nuggets moist and not dry then they'd use it. However they weren't clear on what was in the coating of the nuggets. Even the fries only had the sugar wash and that's it. And of course the buns were processed and had preservatives....what buns don't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't believe half of it, and the way they kept those chickens was really heartbreaking. Poor little things will never see the sun

14. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (03-04-2012)