+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default anyone watching the show on Maccas?

just watching the show on Maccas on c7. I havn't eaten anything from there in about 6 years i think its disgusting, anything the Maccas hungry jacks kfc all be no no's for me. this show is supposed to be telling the 'truth' about this food but considering it states at the start its paid for my Maccas i don't believe we are seeing everything here!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Having worked at McDonalds, I don't think their food practices are at all questionable. They're really very strict.

TBH, I think they get a bad wrap, but I think they're probably better than a lot of the alternative fast food places as a result... because they cop so much they need to make sure they're doing things properly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree.I worked there for almost 8 years and they are really strict on cleanliness and food control.

Sent from my GT-S5660V using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (03-04-2012)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm planning on watching it when it comes on here

But knowing my luck I will end up craving maccas

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dunno... They do make a HUUUGGEE deal about their ingredients being real/fresh etc... Could they REALLY say this if they were using chemicals and rubbish? Surely there would be whistle blowers lining up to talk?

And I have been thinking this, that if maccas are paying, they have the final say, but it *did* say it was independently produced?

I don't know. I'm not a big conspiracy theory person, but it doesn't matter for me really, I don't eat there often, and when I do, I'm under no false impressions that I am making healthy food choices.

But by golly I love me a quarter pounder!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream Believer For This Useful Post:

AllCreatures  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Watching it now, it's such a fluff peace!
    There was an article about it in the SMH it said it was funded by McDonalds and given to channel 7 as a "free" advertorial not documentary
    The good thing is they do buy fresh Australian produce, they just muck it up with all the salt , phosphates and preservatives they add with the buns/cheese/sauce/breadcrumbs etc

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (02-04-2012),Nicky2006  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh this show is such a bull****! First they take the guy from 60 mins to make it all appear investigative and getting to the truth and then this one lady asks 'what does natural flavour mean? Does it come from a natural product??' and the guy just laughs it away, cause it doesnt and they change the topic and never answered the question! I'll stick with the better one 'Supersize me!'! And I dont think it is about how clean they are etc, they are def the cleanest of all fast foods, I think it is more about really how much crap is in the food, and thats every take away, kebab, etc etc. Like they showed, why sugar coat the fries? Cause someone somewhere found out that this is the colour people like their fries to be...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicky2006 For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (03-04-2012),Witwicky  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I noticed they didn't analyze any of the mayonnaise or sauces. I bet there is a heap of additives in those!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoonbub View Post
    I noticed they didn't analyze any of the mayonnaise or sauces. I bet there is a heap of additives in those!
    Good spotting! They totally got me with that one lol. Apparently it is actually the sauces that have the most calories too. Obviously I guess lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You can check all the ingredients /nutrition info on their website- the additives/preservatives ( especially in the sauces/bread/cheese etc) is crazy plus there is canola oil and soy in most of their stuff ( legally they don't have to say if it's GMO but odds are it is as over 95% in this country are)