+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default *Spin off - kinda - Have you ever accidentally 'shoplifted'?

Have you (or your child) ever accidentally taken something out of a shop without paying for it?
    I have done it twice that I can remember, the first time I was in my mid teens and picked up a dog lead, I was walking around the shop twirling it around and then it was time to leave so just walked straight out with it. Got about 10 steps out of the shop, realised and took it back.
    On the weekend we went to Toy world and I had a drink in my hand, my ds handed me something he wanted and when I went to pick up something else to look at it I placed the first item into the hand with the drink. Put the 2nd item back, looked at some other things and then walked out of the shop with the 1st item in my hand. Got a couple of shops away and went to hand ds his drink and realised I still had it made hubby take it back. Thank god no one saw and thought I was stealing anything. I can only imagine the amount of times they have heard 'oh I forgot about it'!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeap. I had a few shirts hanging on a stroller. Not sure how i managed to miss them considering i actually paid for a heap at the time. Took me about an hour until i discovered it and i took them back and paid for them.

Have also left with nappies. They were sitting on the bottom of the trolley. Ended up calling the IGA as i was too tired to go back in there. I was in there every day and offered to pay for them the next day but they said it was ok and not to worry about it.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At K Mart once I tucked a deodorant can under my arm because I bought more than expected and picked dd up. As I walked out with everything I realised. Funny part is I had not got past the end of the checkout so just turned back and the girl said she noticed that but didn't think to say anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Once i was looking in a shoe store and when i got back to the car i realised DD (in a pram) was holding a shoe from the store. I took it back and the sales person seemed so confused as to why i was returning this one stolen shoe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh i took a box of nappies from target they were in pram and we had bought a stroller and when we left and it beeped i stopped and she was like 'oh it just the stroller off you go' i realised at the car.when i couldnt fold pram down. I didnt go back, we were poor and it meant i could buy real meat that week not just sausages. I have accidently been given too much cash out (250) and only got charged 2.50 and i went back then.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, twice, once by me once by DS1.

At BigW when DS1 was a newby and had to get some batteries and sewing needles, DS1 was in his pram and was getting really worked up so I picked him up and placed the batteries and needles on the top of the pram (on the hood part) I walked around with him a little as I was checking out all the cute babies vlothes etc and trying to settle him at the same time, it wasn't working so i walked out to give him a feed, I remember showing my bags and everything, went to put the pram in the car and realised the items were still sitting on top of the pram, somehow the hood folded back so I didn't even notice! I ended up going home because DS1 was so emotional, next time I went to the shops I took the items back and paid for them, think it was like $6 in total or something.

The other time was when I was at the post office standing in line to pay for some bills, DS1 was in his pram would have been about 8months at the time, I got all the way home (lived across from the street so we walked home) before I realised he had nabbed himself this electronc toy thing that answers what your thinking in less then 21 questions, we took it back and I paid for it as I thought it was pretty awesome! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once.... A Prepaid envelope lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got home from the post office once to find out DD had swiped a lolly...little sneak! -- I 'confiscated' it, and threatened to take her back and give it back with an accompanying apology - but didn't get that far - she was a blubbering mess.

We just pay for the damn 25c lollies they put at childrens hand/eye height now when we go in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work for a retail company... Don't feel embarrassed about coming back to pay for an item you accidentally took.... If you were really a shop lifter you wouldn't have returned to pay for it in the first place.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Got home from the post office once to find out DD had swiped a lolly...little sneak! -- I 'confiscated' it, and threatened to take her back and give it back with an accompanying apology - but didn't get that far - she was a blubbering mess.

We just pay for the damn 25c lollies they put at childrens hand/eye height now when we go in!
    You have lollies in your post office? Woah! We have books and ornaments, office supplies, mobile phones, all sorts of stuff, but no lollies.