+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 34 weeks and counting

I went for a growth scan today as hubby and I wanted a 3d pic of bub and plus I needed a growth scan for my GDM. So my 34 weeks and bubs head is on the cervix. So out of curiosity (TMI for some) while showering I went in search of my cervix to see if it was getting soft and I couldn't find what I remember feeling a cervix should be but..... Right there was bubs head!!! Is this normal? I have all sorts of different pressure down there compared to before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! I don't know what I was expecting when reading through your post but I wasn't expecting that! Wow! That is amazing. I really don't know if this is normal. Did u feel skin/hair/ smoothness of the membrane? I wouldn't think bub would be so low down that u could feel it until into established labor! Sorry I don't have answers but that is so wonderful/weird/ beautiful that u could feel his/her head! I have never thought to go 'exploring' (for want of a better word?) with either of my pregnancies i think I'd be too scared I'd damage something.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobsmamma For This Useful Post:

cattprez  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I can feel the head it's I'm assuming is the outer uterus but the hard round skull bone of bub. Once I worked out it was the head I stopped poking it. And I couldn't find/ reach my cervix so I have no idea what's going on. Midwife appt not till next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    U could always call hospital if u are concerned especially with the pressure u said u are experiencing. Is this your first bub? I felt my second son's head in between contractions when he was being born and I vividly remember saying to the midwife 'why is it so squishy?' it was really really soft and squishy. Definitely not hard? The hospital can certainly answer your questions and put u at ease

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 35+1, so, I had a feel, and I can feel my cervix, its hard and closed, and feels like the tip of my nose, which is exactly what I was expecting to feel. Are you sure you're feeling baby's head? If you are, your cervix must be dialating and you should go to hospital to be checked. If its dialated painlessly, you could have an unexpected home birth. I'm a bit worried for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

MsEnchantress  (03-04-2012)