+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Does anybody else have trivial pregnancy/birth fears?

I am 17 weeks pregnant and my two current concerns are:

- what if I go into labour so suddenly that I can't clean the house in time and the midwives think I'm a slob (I'm having a home birth) (I am a slob). This anxiety was heightened when I went to the midwife's house and it was so much lovelier than mine.

- what if my waters break on the bus on the way to work, in peak hour traffic? It would be really awkward. I think wearing adult nappies from 38 weeks might be overkill though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What if I end up having the baby on the way ti the hosp (40km away) in pitch black or if we hit a kangaroo, what if I go into premature labour and have to be flown to sydney and my dh cant come for some reason. What if I have to have a c section and I freak out

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I remember my biggest fear for my first pregnancy was pooing during labour.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (03-04-2012),donniesweet  (02-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That I will just look fat and not beautifully pregnant with a baby bump!!!!
    I'm already about 10kgs overweight and I'm short!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first pregnancy my biggest fears were stretchmarks (yeah, i'm vain), a massively long labour and pooing in labour. The first fear came true but thankfully i had a very short labour and no pooing.
    With my second i feared birthing in the car on the way to the hospital and staining the car seat with birth gunk. I made it to hospital with plenty of time to spare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With bub2 going into labour when DH was at work ( he works nights)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With bub2 going into labour when DH was at work ( he works nights) so I would be home alone with the 2 yo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is always that DH will miss the birth. He's FIFO 5 weeks at a time, and out in the middle of the ocean, so it's a very real possibility. With DD2 he arrived home at 10am-ish when I was already in labour and she was born at 2pm. So just in time Hope he can do it again with this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first two were getting fat an not going bak to my pre baby weight, the other was stretch marks.

Then it was having a c-section. I was absolutely freaking out at the possibility because I was petrified of needles etc. I did end up with emerg c-section!!

At least now I can say after having GD, steroid injections, c-sect I am now pretty much over my fear of needles!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine is going into labour when away. He drives 5 hrs away for a few days a week.
    Not having someone available to pick up the kids from school if i go into labour while he is away.

Not being ready As in the stuff i need for bub.