+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Can I ask an expert?

Would anyone mind giving me their opinion on my cycle..?
    I'm a bit confused and would like to start really "getting to know it" ie - when does the egg actually drop?
    34 day cycle
    CM begins day 12 ish and lasts approx 4-5 days. The last two months I have had very very noticeable pain on my left side on day 17/18. Very crampy and I thought it was either implantation or O pain.
    I thought the egg was released and then CM was present to help the journey?? Or am I getting CM and then the egg is being released on day 17 ish..?
    When would you BD if you wanted to conceive on this cycle?
    Thanks in advance, very appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope you don't mind Brussel, but i thought i might subscribe because its the same Q I have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    On average it's 14 days before your period starts, so you would ovulate around day 18 with a 32 day cycle. Typically you would then DTD from about day 15 until about day 19/20.
    The best way to know for sure would be to chart or use OPKs, or both.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mama? Brussel? Ttc???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Mama? Brussel? Ttc???
    No!! Ssshhhhhhh. Just in case I ever planned too! Geez. Can't ask anything around here! lol.
    Thanks for your replies. I don't want to buy OPK's... As that makes it officially! An it's SO not official. Just a little feeling we're getting.
    I'm going to go with the theory that it is O pain on day 17-19 and the CM is coming beforehand.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As the others have said. CM is there to help keep the little swimmers alive long enough to reach the egg!

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelini View Post
    As the others have said. CM is there to help keep the little swimmers alive long enough to reach the egg!

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    Yes, I was getting confused as to it's function and whether the egg was waiting or whether that helped things along before the egg was released.
    Ive had quite considerably O pain today, enough to warrant panadol which I don't usually take.
    I'd like to gender sway as well IF we did decide to make it official so this gives me some great insight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Brusselsprout!

So you're pretty much spot on - your watery or egg white CM comes BEFORE the egg is released.

This kind of CM exists to transport the sperm to the egg. Without it, the environment is actually quite hostile to sperm and will kill all the swimmers off before they get anywhere near the egg.

Sperm can live for up to 7 days in the CM, whereas the egg only lasts 24-48 hours (hence why you get the CM so far in advance of the egg being released).

So in your cycle, I would b BDing every day that you notice the CM, definitely the day you get the pains, and the day directly after, just for good measure

It's not really that accurate to count back 14 days from the beginning of your period, as anything from 10 to 16 days is normal for the luteal phase (which is the period between ovulation and the onset of your period).

Much more accurate to judge by noting your CM

HTH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! That helps heaps. I'm feeling very informed and knowledgable!