+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeding frequency - 4 month old

Hi all,

I am just wondering how often do you feed your 4 month old baby? I was feeding every 3 hours before but lately she been refusing to drink my milk every 3 hourly now. Not sure if she is teething that's why she lost her appetite or she doesnt need to drink ad frequent anymore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, At 4 months we did Feed/Play/Sleep routine which meant a feed every 3-3.5 hours, plus one before bed, and one overnight. A 6 months DS feeds every 4 hours, plus one before bed and one overnight, so your baby may just be moving more towards a 4 hourly cycle. As PP said the become much more efficient at feeding as they grow too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my son is also 4 months. I feed him every three - four hours and sometimes he'll drink heaps and other times he will downright refuse any. Alot of my friends with kids at the same age have had the same experience. I wonder if its a phase they are going through?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1sttimeparents For This Useful Post:

Mum2Ruairi  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DD is just over 4 months and her pattern is ATM. feed on wake up approx 9.30ish will stay up and play then feed her again at around 10.30 then she will have a sleep. wake up again around 3pm and will contuine to feed and play over then next 3 hrs then will have a little nap sometimes from 6pm and i will wake her up at around 8pm just to give her a top up and will sleep though the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for the advise. I been worrying and wondering why my little girl been refusing my milk. Now I know some other babies are behaving the same as mine. I think she is teething too, saliva and thumb sucking plus diarrhea. Sometimes green poo too and been fussy some nights

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. My DD is four months tomorrow and we are in the process of stretching her out to 4 hourly. There is no rule, she still some times wants to feed 3 hourly. But I am finding she wasn't taking a full feed at 3 hourly or even 3.5 so I have stretched her to 4. Plus then because she wouldn't take a full feed she then would not sleep properly. We work off a feed,play , sleep routine. Although my girl has never been a big feed and will take a big feed (as she is bottle fed), then have a play then I offer her the rest which seems to work. then bed.