+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 18 mo has stopped day naps... teeth?

So it's been a month now that ds has not been having his usual day sleeps. He would usually go down about 11 and sleep for about 2.5 hours. We would usually just sit down on the couch and he would fall asleep in my arms then put him in his bed. Now though he just won't sleep even if we are in the car.
    Has any one else's little ones stopped day naps at this age? I know kids who are 3 and still have day naps!

I will also add that his eye teeth are all coming through too and he has been waking up during the night screaming. I have heard from a couple of people that the eye teeth are the worst, anyone else think so?

Thanks
    Reviews
    molars are worse!! but eye teeth are like little icebergs... pointy on top with so much still underneath to come up.

Might also be a growth spurt. Keep encouraging him - if he sleeps - he sleeps - if not, not much you can really do about it.

good luck - lots of easy to chew food helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It does seem very sudden and also young to he giving up his day nap, especially after his normal day nap was 2.5 hrs or so... DS is 19 months and got his eye teeth a couple of months back and yeah he was more miserable than with his incisors and first pre-molars. He disnt sleep well for sbout a week at the time. He has since dropped from 2 naps to the one long one. It's harder to tell he is tired now, but when I put him down he goes off to sleep within minutes. Do you try putting him down in his cot even if he doesn't seem tired?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Come to think of it I think he is going through a growth spurt as well. That's a good way of putting it about the ice burgs they look like they would be so painful and are taking for ever to come through.
    I do try put him down in his bed and lay with him during the day but he is just constantly irritated and grumpy he just won't go off to sleep.
    I think I might just put it down to his teeth and just ride it out. See how he goes once they are through, he might go back to his day sleeps (I hope so).

Thanks for you advise ladies =)