+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofgremlins View Post
    I don't smack my own, and would never smack someone else's. Although being a child care worker I have been asked by parents to smack their children if they are naughty but I never would and if they don't agree with my stance on not smacking they can very well go speak to my director.
    Even with parents asking I didn't think child care workers were aloud

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hell to the no. I don't smack anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way would I ever smack someone else's child I don't even like telling another child what to do/ what not to do!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In childcare you aren't allowed to smack even if requested by the parent. Some Centre's also don't let time out be used either.

Anyway back on topic....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I warn, smack on the hand, then in the cot if he's naughty. I always try and Be persistent, he knows the Cot is the final straw and I rarely give him a tap on the hand. I'd never lay my hand on another child, ever. If a child is misbehaving and the parent is not around then I get on one knee at eye level and explain in simple terms why the behavior is unacceptable. If the child continued to misbehave id tell them they had to go home and deal with their mother, I'm assuming this would be on a playdate or sleepover of some sort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No way. I could never ever smack someone else's child(ren).

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was talking to XDP about this exact thing last night. The only time either of us would smack the kids is if it was a matter of immediate danger. Such as if they were reaching for something hot on the stove, we'd smack their hand away and also explain why. Same goes for running onto a road, putting things in electrical sockets, etc. If XDP smacked one of the kids and I didn't think it was in line with what we'd agreed then I would pull him aside and talk to him about it. But we both agreed that if someone else laid so much as a finger on the kids they'd get, at the very least, a massive talking to and would not be left alone with the kids again.

I would *never* smack someone else's child

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't smack another child or children.

I have smacked my DS before but that was when it was dangerous situations eg touching the stove top or he just kept running and onto the road and I grabbed him and smacked him on his leg. Nothing really hard but enough for him to go oh whoops, I've done the wrong thing. Apart from that I use the re-direction technieque, time out or taking away something for an amout of time.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    woah.... no way, ever. Never ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't agree with it. At all.

I will ever smack anyone else's child and no one would want to smack mine. My children's discipline is my responsibility.