+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No way would I smack someone else's child. DD is only 8mo so we haven't really put a lot of thought into how we'll discipline, but I don't like smacking. I don't think it achieves anything. I think there are more effective consequences for unwanted behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencrumble View Post
    The repercussions can be big - watch The Slap.

No smacking any children here.

I never watched this show, but saw the ads... Who slaps a kid in the face for a start?!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would never smack anyone elses children, i dont even smack my own, and if anyone so much as touched my children in an aggressive way, they'd wish they were never born.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    We smack, not often but i dont have a problem with family doing it, as they know how we discipline and i trust them to do it as we would.
    My mum disciplines the same way I do. She has had 2 smacks, but both were when she was 3, turning 4, and she is now nearly 9.

I would not smack anyone else's child, and the only reason the childcare worker who smacked dd at 20 months got away with it is because the 2 witnesses said they saw nothing so it was my word against hers (I also saw) and they would not listen to dd.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsyK View Post
    I would NEVER smack someone elses child and if someone else smacked my child they'd get an earful and I'd most likely have nothing to do with them again.. I'm fine with other people telling my children off.. putting them in time-out etc but as far as I'm concerned no one touches my child.. if a smack is deserving it will be done by DH or myself.

Sorry that sounded harsher than I meant it lol.

NutsyK
    Agreed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    We smack, not often but i dont have a problem with family doing it, as they know how we discipline and i trust them to do it as we would.
    Would you smack someone else's child if they were in your care?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never ever ever.

When DD was about 2 we were visiting some distant elderly relatives, one of which was in a v bad way physically and mentally. I can't remember exactly what it was about, but DD was sitting next to this person at the table, maybe drawing or something? And she drew the "wrong" thing or said the "wrong" thing and all of a sudden this man smacked her hand, it was very light and DD didnt even seem to register since she'd never been smacked before. I wanted to hit him back! Anyway I just suggested we play outside and didnt say anything to him. It upset me but due to circumstance the best course of action was really no action. If anyone else did it I'd be giving them a stern talking to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way! I don't smack my own and I sure as hell wouldn't smack someone else's kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As most PP's have said, have never smacked another person's child and would never even consider it.

God help anyone that thought it was their place to smack my child. I would smack them back and rip them out of my life faster than you could say some choice words made for these situations.

Tell my child off? If the actions required it, sure. Put them in time out? Sure. Do not touch my child.

My mother (who was physically abusive to myself and my siblings), thinks as the nanna, she has every right to smack my children. Ha! No. She has been told that no one is to smack my children and if she is ever found to have done it, she will be removed from their lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I don't agree with smacking ANY child.

If someone smacked my child I would be absolutely livid.
    Exactly what she said.