+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Wanting more

This is probably going to be all over the place. I have a strong need to have a 3rd child. DH dosnt. Our dd2 has Cystic Fibrosis that now means we have a 1 in 4 chance of any pregnancy resulting in a CF child.
    I know that DD2 can die (not likely as she is very healthy) but posible. I dont want a replacement child as such but I lost my sister 20 years ago and I saw what it did to my Mum if she hadnt had the rest of us she would have gone to pieces.
    And I just dont feel I am done having babies

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you want to ensure that you don't give another child CF, then IVF with PGD may be your best bet. Screen the embryos and only use the normal and carrier embryos, discard the CF affected ones.
    Since you don't have fertility issues you should have success easily and therefore minimise the costs.

Similar Threads

1. New dad to be wanting to know everything
    By Troy13 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-11-2012, 21:29
  2. Wanting another bub
    By missred in forum Parents with large families
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-06-2012, 20:29