+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone been pregnant soon after stopping breast feeding?

I finished breast feeding my nearly 7 month old a month and a half ago and I am now 4w3d pregnant. Thing is my boobs aren't sore at all. my last pregnancy they changed straight away, got massive and were so sore. Now nothing!

I was wondering if it's because I only stopped breast feeding so recently and they have already undergone the changes they need to but after 2 miscarriages before my last pregnancy I can't help but be scared it's a bad sign.

For those of u that have fallen pregnant soon after stopping breast feeding were ur breasts sore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was still breastfeeding when i got pregnant, but i didn't get the big boosoms or soreness like i did the first time.

every pregnancy is different, but having only recently stopped breastfeeding is probably an extra reason for you not feeling changes in your breasts this time (yet).

congrats on your pregnancy! and wishes for a healthy happy 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant while still breastfeeding dd, she was feeding to sleep, if she woke overnight and only an occasional feed during the day, but that was practically weaned compared to how much she used to feed.

My boobs this time haven't changed. They were never sore or sensitive, haven't got bigger or anything. Its like my boobs already knew what they were doing, so they didn't have to grow or change.

I'm now 35 weeks, so I'll cross my fingers you also have a successful pregnancy.

Forgot to add, milk dried up completely a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant, and my boobs still didn't change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant when my now 7.5mth old was 7wks. I had only stopped bf 2 wks earlier..
    My boobs also have not been sore this time compared to my other 3 term pregnancies. I am now 25 wks & boobs just starting to grow

Good luck for your pregnancy, I'm sure all will be well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree... I didn't get sore boobs this time round. I had stopped BFing 4 weeks prior to falling PG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much girls that's a big relief to hear! Fingers crossed everything stays sticky

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same. I had stopped breastfeeding the month before I conceived and no boob soreness at all. Boobs didnt enlarge rapidly in first trimester either like they had in first pregnancy. They only started changing slightly around 12-15 weeks but they have managed to catch up quickly. I do notice the let-down sensation during this pregnancy though (Im now 20 weeks pregnant) whereas I either didnt have it last pregnancy or didnt notice it until my milk came in.
    All the best for a sticky pregnancy for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I fell pregnant when I dropped to 2 feeds a day when DD was 14mths old.

I have to experience any breast enlargement (I am currently 30wks) but my nipples are very sensitive (esp after a massive feed session). Much more sensitive than when I was not pregnant.

From what I have gathered talking to rellies that have done the breastfeeding/pregnant thingy is that each pregnancy is different and that sometimes the boobs grew and other times they didnt.

Good luck and I'm sure you will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im exactly the same, I BF my twins for 16 months and weaned them so I could get AF and TTC
    I did concieve after my first AF and boobs still very small and deflated . No soreness of fullnes yet, Im about 9 weeks now