+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Steelcraft strider.. vs Baby Jogger

What is the difference between all the steelcraft strider models? All i know is that the Steelcraft Strider plus 4 is the one with the toddler attachment... but what is the diff between the other models?

If you have one, do you find it bulky/heavy and do you have trouble in small shops?

Or is a baby jogger city mini/elite/classic better.? I do know the baby joggers are great in the one hand fold regard... so just wondering what is the more preferred pram between SS and BJ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a mini and now have a mini gt. they are awesome for so many reasons.

Have only heard bad things about striders, and would generally avoid steelcraft strollers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got. Strider plus 4 and love it! Had no issues at all its fantastic

Sent from my iPhone too lazy to walk to the computer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had both the Strider Plus (3 wheeler model) with second seat AND the Baby Jogger City Select (with second seat).

I currently have the BJCS after returning the Strider due to a manufacturing fault causing it to wobble when pushed. To be honest, despite all the reviews favouring the BJCS, I prefer the Strider when in double mode. I find the BJCS too long and difficult to steer because of its long base, particularly as i have to have my toddler on the front as my baby wants to be closest to me and facing me (which would be the same for many bubs i think).

I would rather contend with the wide base off Strider, which is shorter in length. I never had any issues with its width. I also much prefer the canopy on Strider, it feels more solid and is both deeper and wider. In hindsight, I wish i had just exchanged Strider for a new one without the fault and not refunded it for the BJCS. I do prefer the look of my BJCS though

HTH

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have to original strider, it's nearly 3 years old now and I love it as much today as I did when we bought it.
    The only place I have ever had trouble with it being too wide is at the local Coles which I don't shop at.
    It handles fantastically and steers like a dream.

The strider I have is 4 wheel but it also comes in 3.
    It had either the seat or bassinet attachment

The strider take 2 is essentially the same as mine but has a toddler seat.
    The strider deluxe is all of the above with "nicer" fabrics and a capsule option.

The strider plus is the newer one which has the double seat option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were also looking at these two prams, but we ended up buying the bebe care reverse xlr. It is as narrow as the bjcs, but for around the same price as the strider. Plus the seat turns into a bassinet so u don't need to buy it separately. Might be worth looking into in your case too?