+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if it is weird as such, but for my 18th my dad and his wife gave me a cheap jewellery travel case. It actually looked like one that you would get from overflow. and the worst part was i am not a big jewellery wearer??
    it would've been a bit better if there was some sort of jewellery in it maybe a 20c ring from those dispensers at the corner store!! (do they still have them)

DanceInTheRain is offline Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last year there was a big secret Santa at my parents place, where all of their friends were also involved and you either bought 'male' or 'female' gifts, so not for a particular person. DH got a foot deodoriser and a masterchef magazine, and I got some old lady stockings and...wait for it... A bottle of femfresh!!! I was so so embarrassed.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanceInTheRain For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (02-04-2012),Ash93  (02-04-2012),MyLittleLilacTree  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Over the years people have always bought me underwear?? I wouldn't mind if it was DH but no it was my mum, aunts or step-grandmother and they were always ugly/too big/too small etc. I would prefer to buy my own undies or perhaps they thought I didn't wear any???? :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    For my 18th I was given sewing Scissors from an Aunty. I don't sew or own a sewing machine! Was a bit of a laugh though

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP gets some pretty funny presents from his very elderly dutch grandma - one year it was a half eaten block of cadbury chocolate that she had wrapped up!! (we laughed so much but it's kinda sad because I don't think she realised it was already eaten ). He has also gotten a hard boiled egg and one of those hats with a radio built into them from her

My grandma is also a shocker for presents, she once gave my mum a size 10 sparkly christmas shirt for her birthday (my mum is at least a size 18) in may! and she has given me a gardening spade and 1 oven mit in the same present She also loves to send year old organisers (got a couple of those in a row) and really cheap & nasty plastic jewellery from cheap stores. I really don't care though, the laugh we get from the stuff she sends is worth not getting something I would actually use

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was warned about the gifts DFs grandfather gives for Christmas. So I braced myself.
    DF got a torch that charges by you turning this lever, iykwim? It also can be used to charge a mobile phone in the same way. Never been used lol, don't know if we still have it even.
    I got a body shop gift pack. I didn't think that was too bad, I mean it could have been from Big W or something but nope, body shop and I LOVE body shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    My mum gave DF a fire blanket, and a first aid kit.
    I would love this gift!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nan (who we think suffers from dementia) is the best for weird presents... So much so.. No one mentions when their birthday is.
    I was given on my 13th birthday a lighter.
    Then on my second 13th birthday (she thinks I'm still 13 when I'm 25)
    A teacup playset... Which she made.
    Out of tissues... Paper mâché style.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nazgul For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (02-04-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMuffin View Post
    The worst present I ever got was from MIL and FIL for our housewarming, for years they had a giant wooden spoon and fork on there wall in the dining room. I'm talking about 1.5 meters long each anyway you guessed it we inherited them for our house. To this day they are still in the garage and we are planning to move soon i don't know whether we should bring them with us. Maybe as a housewarming present this time they can give us a matching knife or a giant bowl so that i can eat all the cereal I want
    I am almost crying with laughter. I'll getcha a giant bowl Mufffin

This is a GREAT thread :lol:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

Ash93  (02-04-2012),MyLittleLilacTree  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When you need a good laugh.......

There's a website I go to when I need a laugh...... never fails to make me laugh out loud, and I'm honestly not usually a laugh out loud kind of person. Its a spin off of Damn You Auto Correct, the funny iphone fails.

Similar to this great thread, but with the pictures too

http://whydidyoubuymethat.com/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BluePixie For This Useful Post:

Boost  (02-04-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast