+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH got a light that goes on your head (like miners would wear but not as industrial looking) from his parents one Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The worst present I ever got was from MIL and FIL for our housewarming, for years they had a giant wooden spoon and fork on there wall in the dining room. I'm talking about 1.5 meters long each anyway you guessed it we inherited them for our house. To this day they are still in the garage and we are planning to move soon i don't know whether we should bring them with us. Maybe as a housewarming present this time they can give us a matching knife or a giant bowl so that i can eat all the cereal I want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For my 21st my parents gave me a elephant night light.
    As a child I always wanted a baby elephant as a pet, and my mother told me that this ceramic elephant night light was my baby elephant. I dunno, why not get me a stuffed elephant toy or something??

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. When I was 18 I was given a crochet doily (sp) teapot cover set and a tea towel for my birthday from an elderly aunt.

DH was given a herb dispenser by a family friend for Christmas a few years ago. (like the ones with multiple sections filled with oregano/chili etc..) I used it but but we thought it was strange gift for a guy in his 20's, as DH was at the time

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    DH got a light that goes on your head (like miners would wear but not as industrial looking) from his parents one Christmas.
    ^Lol.. what the??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My in laws are the champions of weird presents. One year I received a generic brand of soil wetting agent, a glasses cleaning cloth and a packet of kettle descaler. They also defrosted a supermarket cake which must have been years old as it disintegrated when it was cut and was inedible. My DH has received a bottle of chlorophyl and some second hand star trek t-shirts for a birthday. The children were given a cheap second hand rocking horse with one eye and the bear they had bought to be the donor for the eye (I am not cutting up a teddy for it's eye!) the rocking horse would flip over so it was creepy and unsafe! One parcel recently had a tiny piano which was a music box stuffed with wishbones (real and strange to send to a family of non meat eaters) and tiny glow in the dark cherub dolls. I do wish she wouldn't send parcels of junk from $2 shops and opshops (we have them here! We don't need it sent from Qld!) and really really old chocolate she stockpiles and sends for Easter and Christmas.
    Glad we aren't the only ones to get weird pressies!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrifty Mama For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    The last few years DHs grandma has given me a towel..just one not a set of 2 (which would actually be useful).

Last year MIL gave me a set of crystal type glasses. She told me to put them in my china cabinet (ummm hello you have been to our house..I don't have one of those!!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For our first valentines day my xh gave me an electric carving knife

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my grandmother's last few years, she was going a bit...you know...I got a few weird birthday presents, including frozen meat pies, rosary beads and a little figurine of a pig with a golf stick.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wantingtostart For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty Mama View Post
    My in laws are the champions of weird presents. One year I received a generic brand of soil wetting agent, a glasses cleaning cloth and a packet of kettle descaler. They also defrosted a supermarket cake which must have been years old as it disintegrated when it was cut and was inedible. My DH has received a bottle of chlorophyl and some second hand star trek t-shirts for a birthday. The children were given a cheap second hand rocking horse with one eye and the bear they had bought to be the donor for the eye (I am not cutting up a teddy for it's eye!) the rocking horse would flip over so it was creepy and unsafe! One parcel recently had a tiny piano which was a music box stuffed with wishbones (real and strange to send to a family of non meat eaters) and tiny glow in the dark cherub dolls. I do wish she wouldn't send parcels of junk from $2 shops and opshops (we have them here! We don't need it sent from Qld!) and really really old chocolate she stockpiles and sends for Easter and Christmas.
    Glad we aren't the only ones to get weird pressies!
    Ha ha ha ha.....thanks for making me laugh like a mad women!