+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Stressame Street
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do this too and i feel a lot better reading your post MLLT and all the replies. I go through different phases of worrying about different scenarios... some nights i can't sleep cos random horrific thoughts keep popping into my head and making my stomach churn.

ATM I i have a repeating image in my head of one of them running out from behind a parked car, I'm soooooo careful of where I park, clingy of them both getting them in and out of the car and will NEVER allow them to get out on the road-side... and i keep double checking the child locks. I am a bit obsessive about it...

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I spent a lot of my daughter's first 2 years of life checking up on her. It lessened as time went on, and now she's getting close to 7 and I check on her once before I go to bed. When she was a baby, I would ALWAYS check that she was still alive... probably more than once an hour. lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (02-04-2012)

I find some days I am really good and don't worry about anything then other days I can't stop worrying about things that could go wrong I am constant ally worried about a house at night and how do I get my 3 kids out which one do I get first or about a major natural distant and I have 1 dd in kindy the other dd in preschool my ds is with me but how do I get to my girls and which one do I get first and how can I protect them when they are at school but it's a risk I have to take but not letting my thoughts get away from me they have to live their lives as do I life is dangerous but can wrap everyone up just take nessesary safety steps eg I have a friend who has no pool fence so I have never taken my kids there and tell her all the time how dangerous it is

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really don't think it's normal, and I am honestly really surprised that so many people think it is!!

I had crippling anxiety when my DD (now 5) was a baby..... I had similar thoughts to you, and they consumed me. I later (when she was 18 months) got diagnosed with pnd and went through loads of therapy and medication to try and change my thoughts.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (03-04-2012)

From all the replies I've gotten it does seem to be a normal thing. I think the key point is recognising when it goes from a worry to an obsessive anxiety.

I asked my mum if she did it with us and she said she worried more as we got older because then we were driving, staying at friend's houses more, out clubbing etc. But she didn't wrap us up in cotton wool either (which is something I wouldn't mind doing at some moments lol), so she would let us go to a party, but stay up until we came home.

I think as long as I have that balance, then how I'm feeling is completely normal, especially since DD is still quite young. I walk by myself with her, drive places, let people hold her and have loads of fun playing with her during the day, so I think I'm not some weirdo now Thanks ladies for your reassurance