+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We usually try and avoid eating meat on Friday and the Easter bunny comes on Sunday

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We eat meat when we want. We do an egg hunt, and we see family on the sunday. The end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are not religious. The no meat on good friday wouldn't even cross my mind (nice work, catholic schools lol). We do eggs on Sunday and see the family. As kids, we usually went on a holiday.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I celebrate hot cross buns and chocolate, yes.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I celebrate hot cross buns and chocolate, yes.
    Me too, but they have to be fruitless hot cross buns

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We eat whatever we want whenever and just laze around doing nothing, hanging out with the fambam, because everything is closed at easter time. We don't celebrate it.

DH likes to buy a shiztonne of chocolate eggs because he loves chocolate, but I don't touch them (not a choc fan).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fairly laid back here too growing up we would decorate hard boiled eggs and mum would do an egg hunt which I thought was soo cool, it was never a big deal, and my grandma would by my brother and I winter PJs. We wont eat meat on the friday and i remeber working at maccas the amount of filet of fish that get sold !
    This year we are going to do it all when DF gets back from work as he won't be back till te Tuesday after it all.. Win win for me as I'll get all my eggs half price! And dd isn't really old enough yet to understand the whole concept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We have "Hot Cross Bun Day," and "Chocolate Day." That's really all they are to us... and a guaranteed 4-day-weekend.

DD doesn't even know (yet) that there's any religious meaning to these days... I'll tell her when she's a bit older that some people believe that, and that's really the only reason we get the day off, etc... but to us, it's all about the hot cross buns, Easter Bunny and chocolate...

I've never avoided meat during the break either... I'm fond of fish, but DP isn't, so I can't see us having it this year either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    We have hot cross buns on Good Friday morn (and never at any other time!) and we have fish for tea. We have lamb roast on Easter Sunday and gifts of PJ's Books and a egg hunt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We don't do anything celebratory for Easter, we just enjoy the break from work! We may partake in some chocolate eating, but usually it's the eggs my family buy us. We don't go gaga over Easter eggs.

DS is too young for chocolate, but when he is older we might do an Easter egg hunt or something.

For the record we are not religious, hence the reason I've mostly talked about chocolate...