Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At the end of the day, it is just a forum. This is the 1st time i have been on in months, and to be honest i didn't miss it at all. Once you have a break you realise how it really is just a online forum and its not the be all of everything.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuchsia! For This Useful Post:

Opinionated  (01-04-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuchsia! View Post
    At the end of the day, it is just a forum. This is the 1st time i have been on in months, and to be honest i didn't miss it at all. Once you have a break you realise how it really is just a online forum and its not the be all of everything.
    missed seeing you around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Seems just like another forum (which I have recently defected from).
    Last edited by Veve; 02-04-2012 at 13:44. Reason: please dont name other forums :) ta

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bg14 View Post
    Why do people feel the need to make a public announcement about leaving a social networking site?

I'm not trying to be nasty just really wondering. I have friends who make a big song and dance about leaving Facebook but then after their little vent are back again...
    Usually the person is reaching out. Most of the time people leave without saying a word, and then everyone wonders about them/gets concerned over them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nastiness happens... but often, I've found it's not exactly intentional nastiness so much as someone not being very good at knowing how to word their opinion politely, or not even realising how offensive others might find their viewpoint.

Sometimes, people cop a bit of flack, but tbh, it's usually because of that poster's history... if you're known for being a bit of a jerk, people will only put up with you so long before giving up wording things nicely. Some people cop a bullocking, and tbh, sometimes it's because they're quite fond of dishing it out themselves.

BH is not a nasty place. It has lots of viewpoints, and quite often, members seem to take a while before finding their feet and realising just how the whole world of parenting forums work... and how you can't just say something like, "homebirthers are idiots... endangering their babies like that!" here without copping some repercussions. People are used to talking to their like-minded friends IRL... but when you enter the world of parenting forums, especially a large, generic one like this (rather than one aimed at specific types of parenting styles), there's going to be someone you offend with these kinds of statements, and they're not going to just let that statement go without calling you on it.

Fair enough really - how else can people learn that sometimes, their opinions are based on little more than myth.

As for formula feeding VS breastfeeding et al. it's not a big deal. Nobody wants to have to hear that their way is "the wrong way," or whatever, but both sides cop it... and both sides give it too. Not every single person, but the "sides" in general. Both cop a bit of a bashing, and while it seems like FFing is bashed... just wait until people start talking about breastfeeding in greater detail... many will sing the praises of breastmilk, but then declare how obscene breastfeeding in public is, or how wrong it is for a woman to breastfeed a baby beyond 12 months... etc.

When you're a new mother, it's all overwhelming... but you get on with it. You realise that those against "your way," so much that they have to drag it down are just unsympathetic twits who you really should start ignoring. Twits will always have their stupid comments to make... not just here.

Honestly... after my long-winded post, I hope you enjoy your time away, but felt that I had to respond, because people are always making posts such as these, and tbh, I just feel it's a bit misleading. There are SOME jerks here... but usually, any hurtful comments are not intentionally hurtful and instead made by someone who has used their language carelessly or is in a bad mood.

7. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (01-04-2012),CazHazKidz  (02-04-2012),delirium  (02-04-2012),Deserama  (04-04-2012),Gandalf  (01-04-2012),GlitterFarts  (01-04-2012),Guest654  (01-04-2012),halloweendee  (02-04-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (01-04-2012),KillerHeels  (03-04-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (02-04-2012),MuminMind  (01-04-2012),shelle65  (02-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (02-04-2012),trishalishous  (01-04-2012),Witwicky  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good stuff Sassy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We will miss you in the September 2012 thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I'm heading your way my lovely. Bub hub= nastiness. Some people think they're the worlds greatest parents because of the choices they've made and every other mum here is just ****.
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you feel that way too, Dark Cherry

For what it's worth I'd be sorry to see either of you go.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    How can you get attacked for the way you show love. Forums bring out the worse in people