Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Disappointed today - here's why

Due to several issues I am thinking of leaving BH. I have come across some really lovely and supportive people on here. But I have also encountered the opposite. Today I encountered the exact opposite here and it's left me feeling that awful that I don't want to come back. I might come back at some point but either way I need a long break. So much of what I see here is wonderful but so much is just NOT the kind of support I need or want or would wish on others and this morning was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Among all the positive threads I have seen people face criticism, insults and accusations for things which do not have any impact on anyone else. I have seen one woman criticised for the way she shows love to her DH in a thread asking how we show love to our DH's. I have seen FF'ers criticised. Seen women judged for their birthing choices (You CHOSE induction??). Seen people accused of lying about their jobs, their incomes. This isn't something I want a part of. I've realised that so often I leave BH feeling bad about myself or bad for someone else because of what someone on here has said to them. Anyway, good luck to all those in my due date group (Sept 12) and everyone else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

2BabyBears  (02-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry you're going.

There does seem to have been a bit of a nasty feel to things lately, but I think it can come and go on here. There have been a lot of contentious/ debate threads lately, and they always get a bit heated.

There are still some nice and supportive people here if you decide to come back any time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to see you go.

When it comes to forums you have to work through what is a valid point and what isnt. Don't let random people get to you.

All the best, hopefully you will be back

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I sincerely apologise if I have precipitated this, it was definitely not my intention to upset anyone in general with the creation of my thread, and certainly not you in particular. I hope you do not stay away too long.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (02-04-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to see you go.

For what it's worth, people are always going to feel offended on bubhub. It is a huge forum filled with a very diverse group of people with opposing personalities who all parent differently and have differing values and beliefs. A lot of these women are also pregnant and hormonal (!). It is unrealistic to think that everyone will always get on well and agree with each other.

Upon saying that, this online community never fails to pull together in someone's time of need and I can't begin to explain the amount of support I have received from here in my darkest hour.

Hope to see you back soon

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (02-04-2012),greenapppples  (02-04-2012),MuminMind  (01-04-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsyK View Post
    I have to say though people will be people.. it's the internet.. If I was going to leave the hub I'd at least go down in a spiralling ball of flame and make it interesting at least.
    Rofl I reckon that's me too!

Sorry to see you go. You do kind of have to have a thick skin in such a large forum. Some people are simply keyboard warriors who feel that because no one can see their face they can be as rude/insulting as they like.
    Some people aren't very good at conveying tone or manner in text. And some people are just plain jerks who couldn't care less how other people feel.

If you're really uncomfortable, perhaps do what I do and try to stay out of contentious threads? It's hard when someone asks your opinion on something and then tells you to effectively zip your lip. But I'm at the point now where I love the wealth of information that I can find here, and the support that's available. I just try to keep my nose out of things that might risk it getting bitten off rofl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sorry to see you go. I had a break from the hub awhile ago and it really helped. There is more good then bad on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can ask the mods to put you on an enforced break. I think it goes for two weeks. Maybe that's all you need?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breaks are good, hope you decide to come back

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    M sorry to see you go, i hope the break does u good. Goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast