+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't blame you for being angry. Clearly someone who has no involment in your childs life can only have selfish BS reasons for wanting their photos on display

I'm not sure what i would do regarding the photo's short of not giving any pics out to family who have been giving him the pictures to begin with. Do you know which family member did this? If you do then i think it's a fair call not to allow them any photos of your child. It's a breech of your privacy and they are clearly going against your wishes which to me exculdes them from the privellidge of having a picture.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

deville  (01-04-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    I don't blame you for being angry. Clearly someone who has no involment in your childs life can only have selfish BS reasons for wanting their photos on display

I'm not sure what i would do regarding the photo's short of not giving any pics out to family who have been giving him the pictures to begin with. Do you know which family member did this? If you do then i think it's a fair call not to allow them any photos of your child. It's a breech of your privacy and they are clearly going against your wishes which to me exculdes them from the privellidge of having a picture.
    It's not that I think it's a privilege, I have no issues with family members having photos of my kids. The issue is one that this man is a disgusting individual, is an alcoholic (lost his drivers license twice in the last 4 year, this time for 2 years and still doesn't believe he has an issue) abusive and openly yells and mocks ds when he did have contact with him.

I just think my protective mummy mode has gone into overdrive..
    Last edited by MumDadBoyandGirl; 01-04-2012 at 13:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a major issue with this last year with FOB.

He has never made an effort to be apart of their lives since I left him 2 and a half years ago.
    Yet he would carry on on FB saying I kept them from him and would get mutual friends to steal my photos and put them up as his own saying how much he loved them when he couldn't so much as visit them unless I drove 8 hours to make it happen, he hardly called and couldn't even send a card or present for their birthdays or Christmas.

I deleted all his family and many mutual friends and gave him a huge piece of my mind, it really upset me as IRL he couldn't care less.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

laurea  (01-04-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IFFFFFFFFFFFFF you could be bothered ... Give out a different photo to each 'family unit' and then if you do see the picture in his place - you will know who gave it to him if it's a case of not knowing who is giving him the pictures.

But personally - I would also be asking people - please keep these pictures to yourself and DON"T give them to him - he doesn't deserve any reference to your family. Policing it from there ... hard I know but don't ever fight that momma bear instinct. You have it for a reason. Why should he get to have a 'piece' of your world when he treats it so badly?????

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deville For This Useful Post:

laurea  (01-04-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Any photos that leave my possession that are not are hard copy get watermarked. They could still try to remove it or take a photo of any hard copies that I have sent to upload but most understand no situation and respect my wishes. Those who don't just don't get copies themselves, for me it's not worth it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia For This Useful Post:

deville  (01-04-2012),laurea  (01-04-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (01-04-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Why worry about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MumDadBoyandGirl View Post
    My fil and gfil have framed wall mounted pictures of our ds, yet neither will have anything to do with him. These pictures were not even provided by dp and I..

Would you allow pictures of your children to relatives who do not make an attempt to see or have anything to your children by choice??

I just think it's a little bit disrespectful.. Tbh

Edit.. I know there is nothing I can do about the pic of ds.. How do I get family to respect not to give photots if dd.
    Just wondering how you know about them having the photos up on their wall?

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for FB i refuse to put ANY photos of my kids up on there.. I don't trust anybody with my kids pics but my hubby and I. I don't need other family members having a stickybeak etc..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP was asked to pick up some stuff from other family members (BIL & SIL) for Xmas, FIL or GFIL didn't get DS anything. But DP says the pictures were right as you walk in the front door.

I don't have facebook/ myspace anything though, it just weirds me out. DP doesn't either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    Why worry about it?
    I agree!! I don't want to worry about it but how to you reason with pregnancy hormones!!