+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Family who have pictures of kids they dont have anything to do with??

My fil and gfil have framed wall mounted pictures of our ds, yet neither will have anything to do with him. These pictures were not even provided by dp and I..

Would you allow pictures of your children to relatives who do not make an attempt to see or have anything to your children by choice??

I just think it's a little bit disrespectful.. Tbh

Edit.. I know there is nothing I can do about the pic of ds.. How do I get family to respect not to give photots if dd.
    Last edited by MumDadBoyandGirl; 01-04-2012 at 11:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DHs family have pictures of DD1, but they are from when she was a newborn and they haven't seen her since. They have no pictures of DD2 and some don't even know she exists. They are awful people, I'm glad DD doesn't look like she did as a baby so no one would ever know.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

laurea  (01-04-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (01-04-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a family member who has done the same thing (and we didn't provide the photos either). I think it's their way of easing any guilt associated with their lack of contact. It also gives their visiting friends the impression that they care about the kids.

As for 'allowing' it...there is nothing you can do about it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know if there is alot you can do My grandfather (who i have nothing to do with) had a framed photo of my 3 cousins well in view for years at every place he lived in. I didn't think anything of it until I learnt the reasons why he had nothing to do with them (same reasons he has nothing to do with me) Now that I know it makes me ill thinking that he has photo's of us (all his grandchildren) sitting on his cabinet or on the wall. I have never told him that i have children, but coming from a small town I am sure he will know. I didn't even put my children's birth pics in the paper because I didn't want him to know.

I don't think its ok. But i also don't think there is anything you can do to stop them unfortunately

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I know there is nothing I can do about the pics they already have, I'm trying to figure out how to avoid it occurring with dd when she is born when we didn't provide the photos for ds..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is not what you are talking about but I haven't had anything to do with my dad for nearly 20 years (he got it on with the mother of my school best friend so he was able to keep tabs and get information and ultimately go to my school formal).
    I went to order the school formal photos and saw that he had placed an order of pictures of my sister and I - I crossed them out and wrote - no photos to be given to this man of these two people. Don't know if they honoured that but it CREEEEEEEEEEEPS me out to no end to think that he has pictures of us even though he made out lives so unpleasant growing up and then possibly trying to do the sob story of 'ohhh they are my girls' if people happened to see pictures in his house. **shudder**

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if by only texting pictures through to family members might stop them. If they have to go to the effort to download, print and then send - at a cost to them - might stop them from handing them over .... just a thought ...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deville View Post
    I wonder if by only texting pictures through to family members might stop them. If they have to go to the effort to download, print and then send - at a cost to them - might stop them from handing them over .... just a thought ...
    I like that.. I dont want to come off as being a bi!ch, that's a really good idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deville View Post
    I know this is not what you are talking about but I haven't had anything to do with my dad for nearly 20 years (he got it on with the mother of my school best friend so he was able to keep tabs and get information and ultimately go to my school formal).
    I went to order the school formal photos and saw that he had placed an order of pictures of my sister and I - I crossed them out and wrote - no photos to be given to this man of these two people. Don't know if they honoured that but it CREEEEEEEEEEEPS me out to no end to think that he has pictures of us even though he made out lives so unpleasant growing up and then possibly trying to do the sob story of 'ohhh they are my girls' if people happened to see pictures in his house. **shudder**
    No I get it, I haven't spoken with my dad in 7 years and I would feel weirded out too..

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That sucks Unfortunately in this day and age of social media it's FAR to easy for information and images to get to anyone and everyone. Even if you don't upload them, there's no way to stop other people from doing it except for asking nicely.

That'd be my suggestion, but I don't know how far you'd get with it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (01-04-2012)