+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default #spin off... how long have you waited for a taxi?

How long have you waited for a taxi?

We (DH, DD 2yrs old and I) once waited 5 hrs for a taxi and gave up and asked a police officer to take us home. Wow the back of a American police car is squishy.

It was Christmas morning, We had gone to midday mass and it was snowing and freezing cold. We kept ringing the cab company and they kept saying it would be there in 15 mins.....

Thank God for the Texas police.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last night I waited half an hour on the phone to even get through to the taxi service, let alone an actual taxi. I gave up and ended up sleeping at mum's, which has results In me being cranky now and DS p!ssing all over me in his sleep. Rue you, silvertop taxis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 hours, with a newborn baby trying to get home from hospital. Then they turned up with the wrong carseat (it was forward facing) I lived right around the corner but was not allowed to walk home or get a bus, they gave me one bottle in this timr (he had 2 hourly feeds) snd told me becausr I was dischatged they couldnt help me. So I had to put my 3day old in the 6month+ carseat to get up the hill and feed my starving little guy. After being told by 2 taxi companies I eouldnt get a capsule taxi until the next morning! I hate taxis !!

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    And that whole time I had to wait just inside,the hospital doors where there was no seats grr frustrating me just thinking about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Given I ordered one about 2 years ago that just never showed up, I guess I could argue that I'm still waiting? Albeit at a different address. More fool him when he turns up.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (01-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (01-04-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash93 View Post
    4 hours, with a newborn baby trying to get home from hospital. Then they turned up with the wrong carseat (it was forward facing) I lived right around the corner but was not allowed to walk home or get a bus, they gave me one bottle in this timr (he had 2 hourly feeds) snd told me becausr I was dischatged they couldnt help me. So I had to put my 3day old in the 6month+ carseat to get up the hill and feed my starving little guy. After being told by 2 taxi companies I eouldnt get a capsule taxi until the next morning! I hate taxis !!

Let me get this straight, they wouldn't help you but they told you you couldn't get home how you wanted? Um how controlling!

The longest I've waited is nearly 5 hours too, now I don't even bother I just catch the bus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The longest I have waited is two hours in Kings Cross on a Saturday night. I called and told them where I was. The cab I ordered never showed and every cab I tried to get into asked me where I was going and when I told them they said no sorry I'm heading Randwick way because it was changeover time. It was so frustrating because there were so many cabs around that were vacant... Finally got one but so glad I dont live in Sydney anymore the rat race kills me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    3.5hrs. These days though i never have to wait more than 15mins as i know alot of the local drivers and i always call them first before i call the taxi numbers.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub