+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default light spotting at 30 weeks - tmi!

i'm 30w+4d. at 4am when i woke up and went to the toilet, i had a slight blood tinge to my normaly creamy discharge and there were a few tiny streeks of blood in it. then when i woke at 7am, i just had a slight blood tinge again... not a lot, hardly anything really, but enough for me to notice! and for the last day or so, i've had really really mild period like cramping that i haven't been worried about, but now the because of the tinest bit of spotting, i'll wondering if i should be worried....

not sure if i should go to the hospital or not... or who i should call as being a sunday my doctor is closed and the antenatal department at the hospital is closed...

i'm still feeling heaps of movement and i feel ok apart from that...

can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would go to the ED to get checked out, at least for your own piece of mind. Make sure you put on a pad before you go. Sounds like it could be an infection or the start of early labour ? i'm not a doctor but i had the same thing happen before i went into labour with DD2 at 33 weeks. Good luck

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had some spotting late in pregnancy with DD and was basically told if its less than a tablespoon not to worry? I worried anyway because I was told I had a low lying placenta at my 20 week scan. I ended up going for a scan and I had an internal done with swabs and nothing was amiss they didn't find any reason for it. They did ask me if we had DTD in the past few days as it can be the cause but we hadn't. Maybe just take it easy today, watch for bubs movement and listen to those back aches and if they continue then head to your local ER

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Or call the hospital (assuming your going to hospy to birth) and ask to speak to someone on the labour & delivery ward they might see you there rather than you going to your local ER.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I would definitely get it checked ring the maternity ward at the hospy u are booked into. I had this at 29 weeks with mild back pain and I was in early labour. Sorry to scare u but important to get it looked at. I nearly didn't and u would have has my ds that day. He was born 3 weeks later after my labour was delayed by medication. Good luck hope it's nothing

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sehan For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (01-04-2012)