+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default washing clothes on holidays - do you?

we've just gotten back from a weeks holiday. my bro's family were also there in their own apartment.

they were self contained apartments in a large resort - we stay there every year.

whilst on holidays i do a load of washing each day so we only take home a small plastic bag of dirty clothes. takes me less than 20mins a day.

SIL was teasing me saying just enjoy your holiday and leave the washing till you get home. they dont wash all week and stuff all the dirty clothes back in the suitcases to take home.

got me thinking what do others do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I tend to wash before we go so I don't have to deal with it when I go home, as we normally have to work the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wash. Nothing worse than coming home to face a weeks worth of washing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wash regularly on hols, can't stand the pile when we get home. Only if they have a dryer though so it's cheating really lol.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    depends where we are holidaying.
    I usually take very little and wash while away though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I definitely wash whilst we're away. I couldn't stand getting home and having to face all the washing. We don't stay anywhere unless there is a laundry available!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Wash while away. I would seriously hate to come back to a heap of washing to do.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do washing while on holiday. There's nothing worse than getting home and having to do six loads of washing, especially when it starts raining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wash my clothes ended up mouldy after a week(two tops) that were not washed. After that I washed every second day when on holiday away(I went to drought areas so washing daily seemed selfish)
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 31-03-2012 at 20:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    glad im not the only one, SIL made me feel a bit silly even though i know its logical.

the huge pile of dirty clothes, wet swimmers and towels she was shoving in suitcases for an 8hr drive home made my head spin