+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's a hypothesis I'm sure can and will be proven: the longer you debate religion and science, the more controversial it will get.

I'm going for a walk now, will check back later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not getting into a debate about God again - I fear I may have stepped on too many toes already over the last few weeks.

Chazrity said 'Evolution hasn't been proven' -- well - evolution HAS been proven it is not just a crazy idea that has been thrown out there. It has happened, is happening and will continue to happen.

Lily -- Humans are 'Apes'...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (01-04-2012),MissMuppet  (01-04-2012),Witwicky  (01-04-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantingtostart View Post
    As Chazrity said, "Who is to say that God didn't use evolution to create us?"
    And that would be a theory.

Guest Guest
    So is that a yes? It's a proven fact humans evolved from an ape.

Guest Guest
    Sorry I'm confused genuinely. Can you explain the proven evolution of man?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No -- 'humans' did not evolve from 'an ape'

Humans ARE Apes.

Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, common chimpanzees, bonobos and humans. Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.

Are you genuinely asking people to expain proven evolution of man?
    I will glady provide info if you are genuine.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 01-04-2012 at 14:58.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    No -- 'man' didn't evolove from 'an ape'

Humans ARE Apes.

Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, common chimpanzees, bonobos and humans. Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.

Are you genuinely asking people to expain proven evolution of man?
    I will glady provide info if you are genuine.
    Oh ok. I'm just used to hearing 'humans evolved from apes' I watched a really good doco once that I want to watch again. It showed the timeline of humans and all the other species that lived alongside homo sapiens like homo erectus (is that right?) and the discovery of fossils that shows when ape went from living in trees to walking. It showed how they needed to be upright to look above grass for predators and just how they evolved to present day humans. I wish I could remember what it was called? The search for the missing link was a key theme. They recently discovered a new fossil of feet that lived alongside Lucy that walked and lived in trees.

I don't know much and I don't remember when I read something, baby brain. But I didn't know it was known as fact, i thought they were still discovering timelines and new species all the time. I used to think Neanderthal was a human ancestor, I think they did too, in the doco it said they realised the branches went off and they are a different specie? Is that right? I really want to see it again.

Yes btw I'm genuine, I do actually believe and am interested in evolution. Before I did architecture I got into archeology at uni. Maybe in a different life.

Guest Guest
    As in I would have done a lot of subjects on this stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are many docos out there that explain it if watching a visual is better for you - poeple are different, some auditory, some visual - we all learn better in different ways...but yes we evolved from ancestral apes...

"Lucy" is a name they have given to a partial skeleton - they don't even know if it was male of female - but it was one of our ancestors.

I'll post a link (because I'm supposed to be cleaning not typing )

there is a great time line here..

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...evolution.html

You mention 'branches' - and if you keep this in mind when picturing how all these groups are connected (related) -- there is no 'direct straight line' It was a loooong process that has taken millions of years. Families branching off and living in different environments under different conditons and adapting to them - over time those branches become so far removed from the original group that they cannot interbreed succuessfully. They have evolved.

And yep ofcourse there are 'gaps' in the puzzle because organic matter becoming a type of fossil isn't 'easily' done.
    Information is continually being added to help us gain clearer picture.

There is loads of evidence - you can sit a human side by side a Bonobo and visually see how similar our bodies are. We are 'cousins'. If you look at our DNA we share like 98 point something percent.
    (we are more closely related to a Bonobo or a Chimpanzee than an African Elephant is related to an Indian Elephant!)

There was no 'First Human'.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 01-04-2012 at 16:09.

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Science all the way! Without a doubt. Religion to me, just seems a tad crazy, and i find it hard to believe in any of the stuff they that claim.