+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For anyone who's interested, Pell actually had to apologise for a lot of his ridiculous comments on Q & A.

http://m.theage.com.au/national/card...412-1wwng.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    For anyone who's interested, Pell actually had to apologise for a lot of his ridiculous comments on Q & A.

Good.

Thanks
    Reviews

No, he apologised for not being clear as he wasn't given the opportunity to clarify what he meant as he kept getting interrupted. He didn't see his comments as ridiculous.
    Towards the end of the debate, he didn't represent Christianity as clearly as he should have.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rocker For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I agree Rocker. It didn't sound like he apologised at all for his ridiculous comments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    No, he apologised for not being clear as he wasn't given the opportunity to clarify what he meant as he kept getting interrupted. He didn't see his comments as ridiculous.
    Towards the end of the debate, he didn't represent Christianity as clearly as he should have.
    He was on a televised debate. You need to be clear. He is the voice of the Catholic people. He offended many who watched. It's his job to represent the catholic church and made quite an error.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He was on a televised debate. You need to be clear. He is the voice of the Catholic people. He offended many who watched. It's his job to represent the catholic church and made quite an error.
    Yes I agree. He should have been very clear with his answers particularly towards the end. And yes, he represented me too being a catholic. I know priests who are far clearer than he was on those topics he spoke on such as suffering. I guess he's the catholic archbishop of Sydney which doesn't necessarily make him the best speaker out of all Catholics combined. He's just a man who tried his best to get his view (the church's) across and didn't do as well as we would have liked or even he would have liked for that matter...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rocker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Coming in late to the discussion and I didn't see the televised debate but reading this, I am embarrassed and saddened that Pell was used as a 'spokesperson' for Christianity...

TO answer the OP, I don't believe in religion, I believe in God and His word. Everything in this world was created by Him....and I believe humans get things wrong....quite a bit

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (14-04-2012),Deserama  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Coming in late to the discussion and I didn't see the televised debate but reading this, I am embarrassed and saddened that Pell was used as a 'spokesperson' for Christianity...

TO answer the OP, I don't believe in religion, I believe in God and His word. Everything in this world was created by Him....and I believe humans get things wrong....quite a bit
    This my belief exactly.

Welcome back Refresh you were missed greatly...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (14-04-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi refresh - just realised who you are - hope you're feeling refreshed

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post

Hi lovely

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post: