+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default normal amount of pain after c section?

I had a c section 10 days ago and when I left the hospital I was pain free with no pain relief but now after 10 days I am in a fare bit of pain when I walk around and have a bit more bleeding too
    is this normal?
    I have been trying to take it easy but that is easier said than done with a toddler although I haven't lifted him or anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had more bleeding after I came home, I think moving around more in turn moves it out of you body. Me now 4 weeks later the bleeding is starting to stop.

They sent me home from hospital with some pain killers 'just on case' -- I didn't use many, but they sure helped. Perhaps ring your OB & ask for something if you feel you need it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I overdid it when I got home (lifted DD's pram) and had serious pain and heavier bleeding also. Easy to say I know but you have to take it easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had minimal pain after my c-section so was pretty lucky. If you are starting to feel concerned, the bleeding increases, etc please don't wait on contacting someone. Your child health nurse, maternity ward, etc just in case.

If you have some panadol, take some as it might take the edge off for you. Most importantly, rest! You will still have lots of swelling and healing going on internally not just on the outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a c- section 4 weeks ago and have had nearly no pain, in saying that with my last one I was in terrible pain. I put it down to really taking it easy & taking pain relief this time. Last time I said no to a lot of help & pain relief - took ages to heal. I had more bleeding also after coming home, I guess you move around more. Hope you feel better soon