View Poll Results: Do u feel differently?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I prefer not to eat babies

8 26.67%
  • Yes, I prefer to eat babies

1 3.33%
  • No, meat is meat

21 70.00%
  • Unsure

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's better

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JessaKye View Post
    It's all the same meat is meat!!!

I don't understand why vegetarians can eat fish tho??? If it's inhumane to eat normal meat eg. Chicken, beef, lamb.. Why isn't this the case for killing fish and eating it???
    Vegetarians don't eat fish. As E's mum said, that is pescatarian. But it does tend to make it confusing for people to understand when people say they are vegetarian or vegan and start chowing down on something that isn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Doesn't bother me, it's all meat.
    I care more about the animal being free-range than its age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Vegetarians don't eat fish. As E's mum said, that is pescatarian. But it does tend to make it confusing for people to understand when people say they are vegetarian or vegan and start chowing down on something that isn't.
    Thanks for the clarification!! I have friends who claim to be vegetarian and they eat fish and other sea creatures! I'll have to correct them! DF and I have always been confused by this!!! Lol!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaKye For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tzrRmB40l00

Watch this. It will answer many question's about baby boy chickens, how the meat is killed etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a bit ageist and sexist with my meat - males taste stronger, and the older the sheep/pig the stronger it tastes. I'm just not used to it. So I like young ladies!

We generally kill hoggets....lamb vs hogget vs mutton has to do with their teeth, though a sheep has to be under twelve months old to be sold as lamb.

That said, an old hen makes excellent stock.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 31-03-2012 at 21:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I am honest, I am a hypocrite when it comes to meat.

I remind myself of it all the time.

I pretty much eat most 'normal' things and animals (sheep, cow, pig, chicken, seafood and eg no offal, weird animals or cuts).

but i only like my meat to be 'pretty'. Eg no fat/gristle on my steak. And prefer chicken breast to thigh cos the thigh has too many fat/ugly bits on it, and not a huge fan of eating meat off of the bone.

But then I think to myself, I cant be like that because I would never be able to kill an animal myself to eat it (except fish, I happily fish/catch eat ) , but I happily am fussy about eating it.

So, what I am getting at is I dont mind what age my animal is, but I do care about it being humanely reared and slaughtered with minimal suffering. But I say that, but I'd have no idea the meat I eat would meat that standard, I guess I assume here in Aus we have strict standards that make that happen.
    Because I realise that I am eating something that has died for me to eat it, even though that is the general cycle of things.