View Poll Results: Do u feel differently?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I prefer not to eat babies

8 26.67%
  • Yes, I prefer to eat babies

1 3.33%
  • No, meat is meat

21 70.00%
  • Unsure

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH is a vegetarian, I am not. I've heard it all before.. "how can you eat one animal but are opposed to eating another?"
    I guess it's just what we've been told is socially acceptable and "right". I do eat lamb, but at the same time cannot eat "unusual meat" like Kangaroo/rabbit etc.. (I know rabbit is common for some, but I could never eat it!)

As for those who question why we (meat eaters) don't eat just eat everything (offal, organs etc,), I guess that I'd say that just because I eat chicken doesn't mean I want to eat it's entire insides! (I'm not a vulture! The thought of eating an organ is just off putting for me.) Just the breast
    DH cannot understand how I can eat meat off the bone, either.. we just see things differently.. to me it's just food, to him it's "flesh". I understand it, but it's just the circle of life..
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 31-03-2012 at 19:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Makes no difference to me. I love red meat, couldnt eat it all pregnancy with dd3 and missed it.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    for me, as with people, I think its more the quality of life than the duration. Id rather eat a young, 'ethically' raised and slaughtered animal (raised free range, and preferably home killed and butchered, by someone who knows its name and recognises that it is/was a living thing) than an older factory farmed, transported and abattoir killed animal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I love lamb. It's one of the only meats I eat.

When I travelled Indonesia, I was offered a rice spirit which contained a whole, intact deer embryo...that definitely crosses the line for me in terms of 'young' meat.
    Oh Indonesia, the land where I learned just not to ask!
    (though after some explanation I was so glad to find out that the meat was guinea pig, not rat, which was my literal translation!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes. I dont eat Lamb or Veal. There is no need imo. Beef is good enough, dont need baby beef. And Lamb is just gross anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's all the same meat is meat!!!

I don't understand why vegetarians can eat fish tho??? If it's inhumane to eat normal meat eg. Chicken, beef, lamb.. Why isn't this the case for killing fish and eating it???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    for me, as with people, I think its more the quality of life than the duration. Id rather eat a young, 'ethically' raised and slaughtered animal (raised free range, and preferably home killed and butchered, by someone who knows its name and recognises that it is/was a living thing) than an older factory farmed, transported and abattoir killed animal.
    just to clarify, I don't eat people...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i used to be vegan, i also used to be anorexic.....

then i met hubby (a chef.....ha ha) and now i
    a) eat
    and
    b) eat meat.....

i eat veal, spatchcock, anything......i am still fussy about food (tend to only like good steak cooked rare and nice, bloody and tender) and it is true. the younger the animal, the more tender and sweeter the meat.

suckling pig....need i say more?

i think as long as the animal has had a good life and been killed humanely then it's fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JessaKye View Post
    It's all the same meat is meat!!!

I don't understand why vegetarians can eat fish tho??? If it's inhumane to eat normal meat eg. Chicken, beef, lamb.. Why isn't this the case for killing fish and eating it???
    Pescatarians eat seafood, vegetarians don't ( just dairy)
    I was vegetarian for 6 years, vegan for 1( too hard for me!) then started eating fish/shellfish , for me, it does not have the same tearing of the flesh feeling meat has plus my rules now are if I eat it I must be able to kill it ( we go fishing a lot!) ( but I do say a silent thank you for letting be eat you prayer when I kill a fish/lobster!)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Indonesia, the land where I learned just not to ask!
    (though after some explanation I was so glad to find out that the meat was guinea pig, not rat, which was my literal translation!)
    I would prefer guinea pig over rat or cat. I'm pretty sure I ate all of them over there

I definitely agree with these sentiments, except the part about eating people
    Last edited by Witwicky; 31-03-2012 at 20:13.