View Poll Results: Do u feel differently?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I prefer not to eat babies

8 26.67%
  • Yes, I prefer to eat babies

1 3.33%
  • No, meat is meat

21 70.00%
  • Unsure

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love lamb. It's one of the only meats I eat.

When I travelled Indonesia, I was offered a rice spirit which contained a whole, intact deer embryo...that definitely crosses the line for me in terms of 'young' meat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I love lamb. It's one of the only meats I eat.

When I travelled Indonesia, I was offered a rice spirit which contained a whole, intact deer embryo...that definitely crosses the line for me in terms of 'young' meat.
    Wow, I definantly couldnt do that, but I guess all cultures like different things

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only eat beef and chicken really. I dont eat lamb,veal,coquelet or 'spring chicken'.

I know its odd, but the more I think something has a personality, the more likelyhood there is of me not eating it.

Chickens/cows/fish etc I dont see as having much of a personality, horses, kangaroos, cats, dogs, deer, whale,dolphin, I do so wouldnt eat them..

I couldnt bring myself to ever eat a 'baby' anything...

Thanks
    Reviews
    No difference to me. Type of animal makes no difference either. This is why I don't eat any of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't eat red meat and only eat free-range poultry but I would rather people ate baby animals than have them killed and discarded. In the UK there was a big push for people to easy veal so dairy farmers could sell their male calves rather than kill them.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    I only eat beef and chicken really. I dont eat lamb,veal,coquelet or 'spring chicken'.

I know its odd, but the more I think something has a personality, the more likelyhood there is of me not eating it.

Chickens/cows/fish etc I dont see as having much of a personality, horses, kangaroos, cats, dogs, deer, whale,dolphin, I do so wouldnt eat them..

I couldnt bring myself to ever eat a 'baby' anything...
    This is what inspired me to start this thread, reading about the age of the typical chicken ppl eat, which is just two weeks older than a "spring chicken" anyway. They are just bred to grow fast.

Anyway, interesting to hear all your opinions.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, not a problem. Meat is meat. You're killing an animal either way. Age doesn't mean that it's deserved any more or less respect.
    I guess if I had the choice I'd prefer to use an older animal's meat but if I like mutton cooked well just as well as I like a good piece of lamb. The flavours are different for different ages so *shrug*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The younger they are, the more tender the meat. But I don't think I could go a drink with an embryo in it! Are you supposed to chew it up when you finish your drink? Or swallow it whole?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelini View Post
    I don't eat red meat and only eat free-range poultry but I would rather people ate baby animals than have them killed and discarded. In the UK there was a big push for people to easy veal so dairy farmers could sell their male calves rather than kill them.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    I don't think much ever goes to waste anyway. Any meat not sold for human consumption is usually turned into pet food i believe then all the other bits n pieces like hooves etc have a whole bunch of random uses. They probably just wanted to make more money for the calves?

The thing I was reading that inspired me to start this thread was a question from someone wondering why all the male chicks born in the egg laying hen industry have to be killed (I think they actually become pet food and fertiliser?) and why couldn't they just be grown into chickens for eating, the answer being that they are two different breeds (there are several, but anyway...) and the laying hens don't grow big enough fast enough to be financially viable for farmers to grow for meat.

So I think in summary if ppl eat more baby animals, it only creates demand rather than saving waste.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    The younger they are, the more tender the meat. But I don't think I could go a drink with an embryo in it! Are you supposed to chew it up when you finish your drink? Or swallow it whole?
    Na you just drink the liquid, it is considered medicinal. The embryo just floats in the big jar, preserved by the alcohol and they scoop the alcohol out as needed. I'm not sure if someone actually eats the embryo once the jar is empty. I still couldn't bring myself to drink liquid which had an embryo floating in it though :-/