+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I took foreeeever to dilate too. From first noticeable contraction to 3cm was about 28ish hours. It wasn't all strong labour but contractions were hard and fast (2-3min apart) for the last 6-8hrs of that. By this point I was exhausted so I had an epidural at 3am and was 7cm a few hours later. Thank you epidural! Thats what really worked for me. Unfortunately DD started getting distressed when she finally started to descend so was delivered with forceps at 8:30am. Turns out she had the cord around her neck a couple of times.

The midwives were happy to let it take its course. No one mentioned emergency c/s to me. My OB definitely debunks the myth that OBs like to do them for their convenience - he was checking on me through the night, was prepared to come at any time and preferred a vaginal birth if at all possible. I was lucky in that sense.

Talk to your Dr, try to find one you like and trust and see what you can do to give yourself the best and safest chance at achieving your vba2c
    Last edited by Cue; 03-04-2012 at 23:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Would you consider getting hold of your hospital notes and talking to an independent midwife, just to get an opinion?
    hmmm... good idea! i didn't think of that... might try it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I don't think the OP was asking for horror stories so anyway..

The risk difference between a VBA1C and a VBA2C is virtually nothing, http://www.mybirth.com.au/natural-birth/vbac.html
    So what. I felt obliged to pass on the info, the OP is free to ignore it. This is the internet you cant control what responses received.This website appears to be biased and the information is inconclusive. I'd trust the information more if it was from an independent/government website instead of a pro-hippie one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All good ladies .... im not scared of horror stories anyway .. all information recieved is great...