+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Has anyone had a successful VBAC after 2 Ceaserians?

Both pregnancies, i didn't dilate past 3cms... First one ended in an emergency ceaserian after 14 hours as dd's heartbeat was going too slow, and with ds, after 15 hours, just would not dilate... Even tho with both labours I had contractions every 2 mins.. Both times they tried EVERYTHING... and it didn't work... has anyone had this before?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you ever had any procedures done on your cervix?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Id also be interested to know about anyone who has had a vba2c.

My csections were for other reasons but I'm hoping for a vbac next time.

I hope you get the info you're after

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I havent had one but i feel obliged to pass this on....
    A vbac after 2 csecs is dangerous and there are increased risks of something going wrong. A lady in my home town wanted a natural birth after 2 csecs and the doctor said it
    Was too risky. The woman refused o sign the paperwork consenting to a csec, even when she went into labor. Anyway things went pear shaped and the docs had to choose between the bubs life and the mums life. They chose the mum and bub died. She sued, which I found abhorent since it was her fault.

Not saying you can't have a vbac2, just please listen to your doc. Good luck..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't let people scare you. Anything can happen in any labour. I listened to my doctor and had a perfect, amazing VBA2C.
    Do your research and make your own decision. I did and it was the best decision I've made.
    Happy to answer any questions.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Have you ever had any procedures done on your cervix?
    no not all all... im just stumped as to why i can't seem to dilate past 3cms!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    no not all all... im just stumped as to why i can't seem to dilate past 3cms!!
    Would you consider getting hold of your hospital notes and talking to an independent midwife, just to get an opinion?

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive had friends who have hba2c (homebirthed) with great success. They found the lack of rushing and not being 'timed' really helped the whole process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is nice to read people have had success with a VBA2C. There would be so many things for me to consider before attempting one again, but it is nice to know it is achievable

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (04-04-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I havent had one but i feel obliged to pass this on....
    A vbac after 2 csecs is dangerous and there are increased risks of something going wrong. A lady in my home town wanted a natural birth after 2 csecs and the doctor said it
    Was too risky. The woman refused o sign the paperwork consenting to a csec, even when she went into labor. Anyway things went pear shaped and the docs had to choose between the bubs life and the mums life. They chose the mum and bub died. She sued, which I found abhorent since it was her fault.

Not saying you can't have a vbac2, just please listen to your doc. Good luck..
    I don't think the OP was asking for horror stories so anyway..

The risk difference between a VBA1C and a VBA2C is virtually nothing, http://www.mybirth.com.au/natural-birth/vbac.html

15. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (04-04-2012)